Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A big thanks from us all........

A big thanks from us all........

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default A big thanks from us all........

I just wanted to wish all of my friends (both those we've met and still yet to meet) a very merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.

Most of you know about the awful year we've just had starting in January and still continuing with our baby Flynn as we speak.

The pregnancy was so unexpected (the pill had been good for so long!) I was just in total shock and with Matt (back in June) still by no means recovered i was totally shitting myself (excuse me!) But i was told by a client, that is all spiritual like, that "this baby is here for a reason, a very special reason". While i was in labour her words haunted me and i was screaming inside thinking that the reason could not be allowed simply to be to see how much more we as a family could take. It just wasn't fair.

This prediction, or feelings from Lynn (my client) I think has come around. Flynn has brought so many people together from across the world. He has made us all stop and take some time to realise that there is always a struggle somewhere, every minute of everyday, for someone. He has prompted prayers, positive vibes, thoughts, collections, threads...... just common ground. Somewhere where everyone could come and put their own problems and thoughts into perspective (anyone found Hellman's in an Aussie supermarket yet ) and just think about how lucky they are at that time to have there own families around them fit and relatively well. How lucky they are to just be alive!

I am far from a religious person, but my God, i have prayed hard for this little boy, at the darkest times when at the hospital by myself. (Matt holding the fort at home) Its been all i had to hang onto, the only thing that was real at those times, the chapel being the only place where i could go that was quiet and i could sob my heart out in peace...

I have had so many people say if there was a god he wouldn't allow this to happen. I believe now its the opposite. If everyone sailed through life, how would we ever learn emotions? The lows make the highs so much better.....How could we evolve? How would the doctors ever make new discoveries and go on to save lives? How would we have ever progressed from primitive beings into the civilised people we have become? Maybe its not "God" as we think of him, but i believe now there is a force. Some call it fate, destiny, divine intervention....

Weather its the power of positivity or simply love that pulls us through, who knows? All i know is that without it, without ALL of the people who have supported me through this year, i couldn't have done it. I have been told i'm strong. I don't think i am. I've drawn strength from everyones kindness, your thoughts, prayers and by you being there, mentally, day in day out. Without that support i may not have suceeded.

I thank you all, with all of my heart. Those that have supported us are amazing. You should be very proud.

Last edited by hevs; Dec 23rd 2006 at 9:42 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big thanks from us all........

Originally Posted by hevs
I just wanted to wish all of my friends (both those we've met and still yet to meet) a very merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.

Most of you know about the awful year we've just had starting in January and still continuing with our baby Flynn as we speak.

The pregnancy was so unexpected (the pill had been good for so long!) I was just in total shock and with Matt (back in June) still by no means recovered i was totally shitting myself (excuse me!) But i was told by a client, that is all spiritual like, that "this baby is here for a reason, a very special reason". While i was in labour her words haunted me and i was screaming inside thinking that the reason could not be allowed simply to be to see how much more we as a family could take. It just wasn't fair.

This prediction, or feelings from Lynn (my client) I think has come around. Flynn has brought so many people together from across the world. He has made us all stop and take some time to realise that there is always a struggle somewhere, every minute of everyday, for someone. He has prompted prayers, positive vibes, thoughts, collections, threads...... just common ground. Somewhere where everyone could come and put their own problems and thoughts into perspective (anyone found Hellman's in an Aussie supermarket yet ) and just think about how lucky they are at that time to have there own families around them fit and relatively well. How lucky they are to just be alive!

I am far from a religious person, but my God, i have prayed hard for this little boy, at the darkest times when at the hospital by myself. (Matt holding the fort at home) Its been all i had to hang onto, the only thing that was real at those times, the chapel being the only place where i could go that was quiet and i could sob my heart out in peace...

I have had so many people say if there was a god he wouldn't allow this to happen. I believe now its the opposite. If everyone sailed through life, how would we ever learn emotions? The lows make the highs so much better.....How could we evolve? How would the doctors ever make new discoveries and go on to save lives? How would we have ever progressed from primitive beings into the civilised people we have become? Maybe its not "God" as we think of him, but i believe now there is a force. Some call it fate, destiny, divine intervention....

Weather its the power of positivity or simply love that pulls us through, who knows? All i know is that without it, without ALL of the people who have supported me through this year, i couldn't have done it. I have been told i'm strong. I don't think i am. I've drawn strength from everyones kindness, your thoughts, prayers and by you being there, mentally, day in day out. Without that support i may not have seceded.

I thank you all, with all of my heart. Those that have supported us are amazing. You should be very proud.
It is always wonderful to hear from you and your family and to see you all keeping so strong and positive. I am sure that things will come together for you all and you deserve the biggest Tats Lotto win to even out the karma of last year .
I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and the new year brings all of the fun and excitement of having your new man at home.
Nicky xx
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Heather,
You and your family have had such a tough time the last year.
I wish you all the very best for the coming year and hope that everything you wish for will be yours.

<<<<HUGS>>>>

Louise
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

Weather its the power of positivity or simply love that pulls us through, who knows? All i know is that without it, without ALL of the people who have supported me through this year, i couldn't have done it. I have been told i'm strong. I don't think i am. I've drawn strength from everyones kindness, your thoughts, prayers and by you being there, mentally, day in day out. Without that support i may not have suceeded.

As usual an amazing post from an amazingly strong woman. I wish you, Matt and your children a fantastic Christmas and prosperous 2007, you truly deserve it.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hevs....you have, and continue to be, an inspiration my love

Here's a toast from all on Expats to wish you, HUP and your beautiful family all the very, very best for 2007
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Here's to you and yours, all the best for 2007. My thoughts and prayers are with you (and more especially baby, Flynn )
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Did something bad happen this year Hevs ?

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Did something bad happen this year Hevs ?

Very clever Bordy!!!

Hevs, you really have been an amazing example to us all, very humbling at times to see you coping with everything and still smiling, still in control. and holding your family together. I just hope next year is better for you all.
Love and peace to you all,
Polly
xx
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you are definitely right though Hevs, Flynn has been the talk of WA. He's a famous VIP already, we'll be chasing his autograph as soon as he can write
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a great christmas Hevs & family ! & a very quiet non eventful new year

Nicky & John
Old Dec 24th 2006, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs.

Can I nominate your kitchen as 'Best in class' for 2007. Something good came of it all.

Nice!

Badge

xx
Old Dec 24th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=hevs]I just wanted to wish all of my friends (both those we've met and still yet to meet) a very merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.

I thank you all, with all of my heart. Those that have supported us are amazing. You should be very proud. :
Puts life into perspective. Made me humble. God bless
Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:12 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hevs

As usual im blubbing into my keyboard reading your post.

I spent a lot of time in the chapel at hospital when my dad was really ill, against all odds he made a full recovery too.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that 2007 is uneventful!!
Hope you get to take your beautiful little man home as soon as possible. All the best wishes to you, Matt and the kids.

Look forward to seeing some more photos.

Big hugs

Joex
Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

You have shown us such strength and courage throughout your battles, you are an inspiration to us all, it is with all my very best wishes that next year brings you the joy and happiness you and your family so rightly deserve.

Heres to 2007.

Best wishes

Sarah
Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hevs and family,
I've read yours and hubs posts and can identify your feelings as I have experienced traumatic events that have happened within my family (with my children - both are now fine). You are spot on about putting things into perspective, after enduring these 2 seperate events (each lasting a couple of months) within 18 months of each other you learn to accept what life throws at you and know that awful things CAN happen to us, we are not invinsible. I now don't get so upset if they haven't tidied their rooms if they have been having fun somewhere, I try to listen more to their point of view if I'm mid argument about something trivial and above all cherish their personalities (which is very difficult with teenagers!! ) These are things that I promised too when sat by hospital beds. I feel I have something to shout about as we came through it, it doesn't make me strong as I didn't choose any of it we were forced to experience these emotions but it does make you proud of the way you handle it. Your family has suffered greatly and yet here you are taking the time to thank everybody else and wish them a happy time - that is what makes you an inspiration. I send huge wishes to you and your amazing family and wish you all the very best not just for christmas but for as long as you will ever need it.
S xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.