Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is this a big no no ?

View Poll Results: Would you let your partner take time out of family holiday for a football match
Nope, and he better not come back
24.53%
Yes, better make it worth my while
43.40%
Only if I can take time out myself
24.53%
Just wait till he gets home.
7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Is this a big no no ?

Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a big no no ?

Originally Posted by Seasider
I hope you've booked your wife that day of pampering, are putting some Veuve and chocolates in the fridge for the night you're away, have booked a top notch restaurant for the night you're back, and are giving her strict instructions to go on a budget-free shopping spree.
Yes to all, save for the Budget free shopping spree

Pommy Dan

good stuff - so you are a south ender, huh? I reside in the prawn sanga seats, Aisle 36! - should start an MVFC thread i think...

but yes, thew winner of that will take the 'minor' premiership i think. Though the QLD game on friday is a biggie now they won last night...
Yes over to the left hand side, mainly because you can stand there without upsetting anyone, It's the most UK part of the ground... I can Identify with the supporters down there... some fantastic banter at times.

So if anyone wants as close an expeirence as to they had in the UK at a MV game. They should head for the South End seats, which has a "standing allowed' policy and has a more mature attitude than the North End. It's hard to get in down there, but you can insist at the ticket office at the ground on match days only.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:28 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozzieeagle, we hope to be in Adelaide within 18months and will follow Adelaide United, naturally. Quick question, is that charming Kevin Muscat still with Melbourne?

Cooler
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just checking to see what the general consensus is.

Is it evil, a no goer, totally disrespectful, grounds for divorce to go away with the family on a holiday and come back half way through it to go to a football match ?

Problem is on Jan 6th Melbourne Victory are playing a changed fixture V Adelaide United half way through our family week away to Echuca... circa 2 hours north of Melbourne. I scheduled our holiday so that there wasnt a clash with the football, only to have the match rescheduled... It's the 2nd biggest game of the season as well...

I plan to come back on the Tuesday for the game that night and go back to Echuca Wednesday Midday. The Wife isnt exactly happy about the idea.

What can I do to get back in her good books.

Heres a Poll
Im sorry but if my husband put his footy match before our holiday I would be furious.

Personally I wouldnt but it depends what is more important to you and time with family should be highly rated.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Hi Ozzieeagle, we hope to be in Adelaide within 18months and will follow Adelaide United, naturally. Quick question, is that charming Kevin Muscat still with Melbourne?

Cooler
Yes, he is, getting on in years, nearly stuffed it for MV on Friday with a wayward backpass. Most Influential player for MV still, so they may carry on using him past his useby date. Got to say he does have a very useful attribute in upsetting the opposition players.

Taking my obvious bias away, I would say Adelaide are the most consistent team in the League over the life of the A league. Always a good atmosphere at their ground. I think you will enjoy the experience. Theyv'e got a great rivalry with MV so the game and feel is as passionate as you would expect with a UK local derby.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Just checking to see what the general consensus is.

Is it evil, a no goer, totally disrespectful, grounds for divorce to go away with the family on a holiday and come back half way through it to go to a football match ?

Problem is on Jan 6th Melbourne Victory are playing a changed fixture V Adelaide United half way through our family week away to Echuca... circa 2 hours north of Melbourne. I scheduled our holiday so that there wasnt a clash with the football, only to have the match rescheduled... It's the 2nd biggest game of the season as well...

I plan to come back on the Tuesday for the game that night and go back to Echuca Wednesday Midday. The Wife isnt exactly happy about the idea.

What can I do to get back in her good books.

Heres a Poll
I just cant see what the problem is. You will be away for one day FFS. I wouldn't even consider not telling my husband to go! It's not as if you did it on purpose, the match days where changed after the holiday was booked.
Tracie
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:04 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he is, getting on in years, nearly stuffed it for MV on Friday with a wayward backpass. Most Influential player for MV still, so they may carry on using him past his useby date. Got to say he does have a very useful attribute in upsetting the opposition players.

Taking my obvious bias away, I would say Adelaide are the most consistent team in the League over the life of the A league. Always a good atmosphere at their ground. I think you will enjoy the experience. Theyv'e got a great rivalry with MV so the game and feel is as passionate as you would expect with a UK local derby.
Thanks for that, not sure Kevin gets too many Christmas cards from his time in the UK

By the way, we went on holiday last year to Hemsby nr Great Yarmouth - OH, three kids, MIL and SIL - and by chance, my team Ipswich Town were playing at home for the first match of the season

Re your original post, I reckon where's there's doubt, leave it out esp if Lorena Bobbit in OH's family tree
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lovely spa in Echuca, hubby took me there for a couple of nights and it was wonderful. If you haven't found the info yourself I will look it up for you.
Nicky
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I would be motified if it were an important match and hubbie wouln't let me go!...but he would cos he knows its important to me and i don't ask much
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:14 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I would be motified if it were an important match and hubbie wouln't let me go!...but he would cos he knows its important to me and i don't ask much
And your team needs all the help they can get
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
And your team needs all the help they can get
yeah yeah...enjoy the fact you got the flag 2 years ago, it'll be your last for another 50 years..we'll wave to you on our way up, up
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Taffaroo will become famous soon enoughTaffaroo will become famous soon enough

Who is playing who? lol Perspective needed here mate.