Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Big Day Out Info anyone?

Big Day Out Info anyone?

Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:43 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Big Day Out Info anyone?

We are hoping to go to the Gold Coast Big Day Out in January, have to say the website is a right load of erm..rubbish! Struggling to get much info on it at all.

So can anyone give me some info please?

Will we be able to buy tickets from the UK without an Oz address?

Will we have to pay for our 6 year old?

Is it ok to take our 6 year old? He comes to Glastonbury with us. Anything at BDO for kids?

Erm...anyone know how much the tickets are?

Think that's about it

Oh and do the tickets sell out in an hour like Glasto does or will we be in with a good chance to get some?

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Day Out Info anyone?

[QUOTE=Clippies;537146

Oh and do the tickets sell out in an hour like Glasto does or will we be in with a good chance to get some?

Thanks [/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll get them somehow

Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:56 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, if at first you don't succeed try and try again
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked on The Big Day Out website and it says the Gold Coast is sold out! It says the same for Sydney.
Oh stupid me!! that was the wrong site!!

Last edited by Gibbo; Oct 1st 2007 at 3:16 am.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Just looked on The Big Day Out website and it says the Gold Coast is sold out! It says the same for Sydney.
Oh stupid me!! that was the wrong site!!
Just found that you can by tickets now on www.myticket.com.au
The tickets for Queensland go on general sale on the 11th Oct.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Just found that you can by tickets now on www.myticket.com.au
The tickets for Queensland go on general sale on the 11th Oct.
Yeah they go on sale on the 11th but they still don't give you much info about it

There must be some people on here that have been before.....anyone?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Yeah they go on sale on the 11th but they still don't give you much info about it

Don't think you can take under 12s - but don't quote me!
Because it's a 1 dayer, I find BDO pretty full on from the time the doors open.
I'm thinking of giving it a miss this year, and going to East Coast Blues and Roots instead, at Byron Bay.
Sorry, don't know about tkt info
J
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Don't think you can take under 12s - but don't quote me!
Because it's a 1 dayer, I find BDO pretty full on from the time the doors open.
I'm thinking of giving it a miss this year, and going to East Coast Blues and Roots instead, at Byron Bay.
Sorry, don't know about tkt info
J
Under 12's can go with an adult but it doesn't say if you have to pay for them or not
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:35 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

there is a forum about it, maybe someone there could help?

http://www.thelivingend.com/vBforum/...ead.php?t=1220
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Demeter
there is a forum about it, maybe someone there could help?

http://www.thelivingend.com/vBforum/...ead.php?t=1220
Thanks I'll take a look there
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:00 am

Just bumping this in case anyone has any more info...I'm still waiting to be approved to join the BDO forum
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumping this in case anyone has any more info...I'm still waiting to be approved to join the BDO forum
Hi Clippies,

Have a look at this:

Link

The show is rated as MA15+, but under 15s are allowed if accompanied with a guardian. They have some rules and regs about what classifies as a guardian, but you should be Ok. Apparently both minor and guardian need ID to prove they are related.

Not sure about if your 12 YO will have to pay or not - I imagine they probably will, and tickets are limited to 2 per person, so you may struggle to get 3...

HTH...

S

Edit: Yes, looking at the terms and conditions of entry, it says that ALL patrons entering the site must have a valid ticket. I think that this would include kids too.

Last edited by Swerv-o; Oct 2nd 2007 at 7:29 am. Reason: Update
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:25 am

Thanks Swervo, looks like they've updated the site since I last looked. So yes my 6 year old will need his own ticket if we decide to go. Just need to find out if I can buy tickets internationally.

Unsure whether to go now though...seems a lot to do for one day with no camping