Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

a better class of criminal downunder

a better class of criminal downunder

Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:09 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default a better class of criminal downunder

Heard this on the radio on my way to work this morning.

A burglar broke into a house in New Zealand and stole among other things a laptop and credit cards.
A few nights later the same thief broke into the same house and returned everything he'd stolen along with some goods he'd bought with the credit cards and a note apologising for his crime and offering to pay for the window he'd broken.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: a better class of criminal downunder

Originally Posted by paul30
Heard this on the radio on my way to work this morning.

A burglar broke into a house in New Zealand and stole among other things a laptop and credit cards.
A few nights later the same thief broke into the same house and returned everything he'd stolen along with some goods he'd bought with the credit cards and a note apologising for his crime and offering to pay for the window he'd broken.

Detectives are as baffled as the home owners, who only discovered they had been robbed when they found a laptop computer, digital camera and wallet containing credit cards piled on the kitchen table - along with a full-page note of apology.

There was also a basketball and two pairs of gloves the contrite burglar had bought using the credit cards.

In the note the thief apologised for violating the home's safety and security and even offered to leave money in the letterbox to pay for the window smashed during the break-in.
ABC.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:07 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a better class of criminal downunder

sounds like his mummy sorted him out
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a better class of criminal downunder

Originally Posted by asher
sounds like his mummy sorted him out
I was thinking the exact same thing. If I discovered my son/daughter had broken into someone's home I would have made him/her first bring back all they had taken and apologise IN PERSON, never mind the note.