Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which is the best way to get our son out to join us??

Which is the best way to get our son out to join us??

Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough
Default Which is the best way to get our son out to join us??

Can anyone tell me if they have left any of there children behind?
And how they managed to get them to join them in australia?
Which is the best way round it and also the easiest way?
My son has to stay in england has he is 23, but wishes to come and join us at a later date.
I would like some help please, on how to find the easiest route of getting him out to live with us.
Any information would be appreciated.
cheers
anne
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:32 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the best way to get our son out to join us??

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
Can anyone tell me if they have left any of there children behind?
And how they managed to get them to join them in australia?
Which is the best way round it and also the easiest way?
My son has to stay in england has he is 23, but wishes to come and join us at a later date.
I would like some help please, on how to find the easiest route of getting him out to live with us.
Any information would be appreciated.
cheers
anne
i wish you all the best in getting him there at a later date - sorry i can't help you but i understand - i'm leaving my 23 y o as well - but he's married so prob won't ever come over to stop
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough

Hi there
thank you for those kind words. and i am sorry you had to leave your behind, i suppose the good thing is that mine isn't married yet. so that should help.
but thank you anyway.
cheers anne
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:41 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
thank you for those kind words. and i am sorry you had to leave your behind, i suppose the good thing is that mine isn't married yet. so that should help.
but thank you anyway.
cheers anne
yep we've been talking about doing it for years - wish we had - we'ld have him but but then he wouldn't have his lovely wife.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ah thats lovely, at least you know he's happy then. Thats a good feeling im sure. At least they can visit and maybe one day they may come to join you.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:48 pm
on the Goldie

Ah thats lovely, at least you know he's happy then. Thats a good feeling im sure. At least they can visit and maybe one day they may come to join you.

thanks - maybe one day we will both have them with us.

but they're old enough to live their own lives now - and my mum says its my penance for leaving her
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

oops naughty.
but we can hope eh?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:51 pm
on the Goldie

oops naughty.
but we can hope eh?
have u any other kids?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

yes one more who is coming with us
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:40 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Our son will be 18 by the time we will go and he's addamant he wont come.
Hopeing to call his bluth some how.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Beachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura about

I know how you feel.....we left both our children behind (they are 21 and 23) not by our choice though. They had left home before we emigrated so were living independent but you still feel like the worst parents in the world. because of our ages we had to leave when we did, they have both been here on holiday and love it and have promised they will move here one day - we just have to be patient and wait until they are ready. my son is in the RAF and has his own skill (engineer) to emigrate with when he's ready but my daughter doesn't (works in a bank) so she's the one i worry about getting over here permanantly. we have looked at the student route for her or possibly last remaining relative but not sure yet, until she gives us the nod she is ready to come then we will move heaven and earth to get her here!
they live together, which gives me some peace, but she has a long-term boyfriend who doesn't want to move here so we're hoping he's not too long term?? i cling to the hope they will be with us one day, that's what keeps me going 'cos i love it here.
we've heard all the advice about letting them live their own lives and being patient but it still hurts. they told us to go and live our dream and they would follow one day but it makes you feel so selfish to leave them. But they are adults and we must respect their decisions to stay aswell even if it hurts us.
Anyway sorry to lose thread, try the student route if he's prepared to retrain and doesn't already have a skill on the MODL or last remaining relative if this is the case??
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

hi painter man
yes i hope it works for you
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

hi beech bumz
thank you for the info, was kind of you.
i understand very much, and yes it does hurt. i hope you sort your daughter out in the end, and would be good for it not to be long term, well for you anyway.my son has a girlfriend too, but as you i hope this is not long term also. she is a nice girl also but i do hope we can get my son out to us soon. he wanted to come with us in the first place but work does not permit him to do so as yet. i will be looking at last remaining relative visa i think. and keeping my fingers crossed.
many thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Tigersanne; Jun 28th 2007 at 8:33 am. Reason: sorry beachbumz spelt it wrong...