Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best musical generation?

Wikiposts

Best musical generation?

Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:40 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best musical generation?

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Yeah i'd agree, but say probably more centred around the 80's as the most influential decade of music. Whilst the 50s inspired rock and roll, the 60s perfected pop music and the 70s rock music the 80s took it all and turned it on it's head. Two of the biggest music styles were invented during the 80s, well hip hop was technically the late 70s but much of the inspirational music came out during the 80s, and house music with its many offshoots was born out of disco. These two now dominate the music scene globally.
Hip Hop and House music dominate the music industry now?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Yeah i'd agree, but say probably more centred around the 80's as the most influential decade of music. Whilst the 50s inspired rock and roll, the 60s perfected pop music and the 70s rock music the 80s took it all and turned it on it's head. Two of the biggest music styles were invented during the 80s, well hip hop was technically the late 70s but much of the inspirational music came out during the 80s, and house music with its many offshoots was born out of disco. These two now dominate the music scene globally.

I hate to disagree, but the grey generation are really screwing up the charts. El divo or the 10 tenors can really mess up the top ten. Even worse, the supposed 'grey' generation know how to download music, so they get counted for the charts.

Imagine in 10 years time, Bond ( the female violinists) are the top group in the world, and they have to create a separate category for teenagers music.

I don't mind a bit of Mozart, but it doesn't quite hit the right buttons yet. Maybe in 10 years I'll be bopping along to the Blue Danube.

JTL
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:50 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oz miller man
1986-1996

had everything....... thrash metal, death metal, stoner rock, grunge, madchester, acid house, techno, big beat, drun n bass, U.S college rock, post punk, anarcho punk, psy-trance, shoeglaze, brit pop. hip hop, hardcore

sure it wasnt all good, but you could pick your style and have a thriving, often underground scene..............for a teenager what more could you ask for
Thrash-check, death-check madchester-check....er...sorry did you say Shoe Glaze??? Would someone care to enlighten me please
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Thrash-check, death-check madchester-check....er...sorry did you say Shoe Glaze??? Would someone care to enlighten me please
Not sure I want to know I think it's probably a first but I have to agree with Broad Shoulders. Without most of that music, including the beginnings of Punk, there wouldn't be much of the latter stuff.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:02 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

........then there's The Rolling Stones and Jefferson Airplane
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Who later morphed into Jefferson Starship. And we all have to agree... we built this city on rock and roll.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 10th 2010 at 11:07 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:06 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

For me the best stuff of the Stones came before 67 though. Especially once Brian Jones departed.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:16 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Who later morphed into Jefferson Starship. And we all have to agree... we built this city on rock and roll.

JTL
that was truly shite

I love Grace Slick though - what a voice she had.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
For me the best stuff of the Stones came before 67 though. Especially once Brian Jones departed.
I love all their stuff - totally timeless. Sympathy for the devil is one of my all time favourite songs.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:19 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

I love all their stuff - totally timeless. Sympathy for the devil is one of my all time favourite songs.
I like Jumping Jack Flash, Satisfaction, Paint It Black and The Last Time, but other than that I have always thought they were overrated
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

70s and glam rock. yeehah
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
70s and glam rock. yeehah
Hey mate,where exactly is Ross county

Oh and Marvin gaye was THE man
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly

I thought he was shite
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:12 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he was shite
Was that because he was from ROSS COUNTY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.