best man speech

Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default best man speech

So I have to write a best man's speech for my brothers wedding which is in June. I've made a start and have about 2 minutes of it. Any ideas on what I should include? Obviously you dont know my brother but ideas on format or comic genius would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best man speech

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
So I have to write a best man's speech for my brothers wedding which is in June. I've made a start and have about 2 minutes of it. Any ideas on what I should include? Obviously you dont know my brother but ideas on format or comic genius would be much appreciated.
Keep it short. Compliment the bride, compliment your brother, wish them well and sit down.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Keep it short. Compliment the bride, compliment your brother, wish them well and sit down.
Compliment my brother? Lets call that plan B.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:01 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Watch one of Richard Pryor's performances, that should help with some inspiration.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

One of the funniest best man speaches I heard was a few years ago.

After wading through the usual bulldust about the 'happy couple', the best man went on to thank the bride for the 'sexual favours' she had given him when the groom was out of town, and went on to say that now that she was now a married women, this relationship would have to end and he was returning the keys to her appartment.........( best man places a bunch of keys in front of the bride ).

While the bride and the rest of the wedding party are still trying to recover from the shock, one by one all the grooms mates ( who are in on the jape ), slowly walk over to the bride and grooms table and drop a bunch of keys in front of the bride...........hillarious..........she'll love it
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hino
One of the funniest best man speaches I heard was a few years ago.

After wading through the usual bulldust about the 'happy couple', the best man went on to thank the bride for the 'sexual favours' she had given him when the groom was out of town, and went on to say that now that she was now a married women, this relationship would have to end and he was returning the keys to her appartment.........( best man places a bunch of keys in front of the bride ).

While the bride and the rest of the wedding party are still trying to recover from the shock, one by one all the grooms mates ( who are in on the jape ), slowly walk over to the bride and grooms table and drop a bunch of keys in front of the bride...........hillarious..........she'll love it
I wouldnt have the guts to do that. Its my brothers soon to be wife afterall. And my Granny will be there. It might send her over the edge. But thanks
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Compliment my brother? Lets call that plan B.
Ok, don't compliment your brother. However, keep it short and classy. Wish them well for their lives together, welcome her to your family and shut the **** up.

Unless you make your living as a stand up comic forget humour. Short, sweet and classy are always the best bet. Something like "Congratulations to my brother Joe and his beautiful bride Jane on their wedding day. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness. Jane, welcome to our family. Please raise your glasses to Jane and Joe" Then sit down.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I agree with Dorothy

Nothing worse than being at one of those weddings where the speech is dotted by nervous laughter and bemused looks.

Short and classy, compliment the bride, toast the bridesmaids and wish them luck and happiness blah blah blah. Keep the comedy for the bachelors
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
I agree with Dorothy

Nothing worse than being at one of those weddings where the speech is dotted by nervous laughter and bemused looks.

Short and classy, compliment the bride, toast the bridesmaids and wish them luck and happiness blah blah blah. Keep the comedy for the bachelors
No way, that would be boring. Its' not really about the people at the reception, its baout my brother and his new wife. So, I'll be throwing ina few stories. Just wanted ideas on how to deliver it. Thanks anyway.

Dorothy, you seem a bit moody.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:46 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, keep it simple and avoid looking like a tool. My best man wound me up for weeks about the contents of his speech that was going to leave me red faced and everyone in stitches..... He stood up, mumbled incoherently for 5 mins, then sheepishly sat down again.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kporte
I agree, keep it simple and avoid looking like a tool. My best man wound me up for weeks about the contents of his speech that was going to leave me red faced and everyone in stitches..... He stood up, mumbled incoherently for 5 mins, then sheepishly sat down again.
Thats of course what I want to avoid. I will be telling a few stories for sure. I'd feel like I'd be leaving my brother short changed if I just said to his wife 'welcome to the family' and then 'congratulations to both of you'.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy, you seem a bit moody.
Really? How do you figure?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Really? How do you figure?
Your comment of 'shut the **** up' suggested it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Thats of course what I want to avoid. I will be telling a few stories for sure. I'd feel like I'd be leaving my brother short changed if I just said to his wife 'welcome to the family' and then 'congratulations to both of you'.
Yes, I think people will expect a few stories.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:51 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure. An amusing anecdote or two, sounds like it would be good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.