British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Best Comedian in the world? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/best-comedian-world-603078/)

Burbage Apr 14th 2009 5:55 am

Re: Best Comedian in the world?

Any good Australian comedians? Or any at all? There certainly aren't any working for any of the local TV channels.

mohogony Apr 14th 2009 5:58 am

Dame Edna or Rik mayall

mohogony Apr 14th 2009 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 7477975)
Any good Australian comedians? Or any at all? There certainly aren't any working for any of the local TV channels.

What about Barry Humpries who plays Dame Edna and sir les patterson

Burbage Apr 14th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mohogony (Post 7477987)

Yes, Barry's not bad in a music hall sort of way.

moneypenny20 Apr 14th 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by mohogony (Post 7477987)

Does anyone find the Les Patterson character funny? I don't think I've ever heard a word because my eyes and brain are reminding me how completely repulsive he is :eek: He's good at the Dame Edna thing when he's 'interviewing' celebs but apart from that???? :unsure:

Styler Apr 14th 2009 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs (Post 7477923)

Tommy Cooper, genius... endex.

Went to the paper shop....it had blown away.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks....They charged one and let the other one off.

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

'You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine. 'So that was nice.'

A man walked into the doctor's, The doctor said 'I haven't seen you in a long time'....The man replied, 'I know I've been ill'

A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'...The doctor said 'well don't go there any more'

I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.

Went to the corner shop - bought 4 corners

'So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?'
And a voice said, 'You are.'

'So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said ' Is that the local swimming baths?' He said ' It depends where you're calling from.'

I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind'....so he gave me a kite.

I went to the Doctors the other day, and he said, 'Go to Bournemouth, it's great for 'flu....So I went, and I got it.'

I was in the attic the other day with the wife. Damp and dusty.........but she's great with the kids!

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house'. He said 'I'm not stopping you.'

Three Legs Apr 14th 2009 7:43 am

case closed.

Originally Posted by Styler (Post 7478151)

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks....They charged one and let the other one off.

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

'You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine. 'So that was nice.'

A man walked into the doctor's, The doctor said 'I haven't seen you in a long time'....The man replied, 'I know I've been ill'

A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'...The doctor said 'well don't go there any more'

'So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?'

'So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said ' Is that the local swimming baths?' He said ' It depends where you're calling from.'

I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind'....so he gave me a kite.

I went to the Doctors the other day, and he said, 'Go to Bournemouth, it's great for 'flu....So I went, and I got it.'

I was in the attic the other day with the wife. Damp and dusty.........but she's great with the kids!

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house'. He said 'I'm not stopping you.'

stevenglish Apr 14th 2009 7:59 am

tommy cooper, robin williams and i can't believe no-one mentioned jimmy jones, the man's a legend:)

coolerkingcooler Apr 14th 2009 10:13 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 7478204)
tommy cooper, robin williams and i can't believe no-one mentioned jimmy jones, the man's a legend:)

Not this guy is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Cooler

sr71 Apr 14th 2009 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 7477975)

There are actually loads of Australian comedians, some good, some terrible. And some foreign comedians that are famous only in Australia - Jimeoin and Danny Bhoy are two examples.

Some of the ones I like :
Jim Jeffries (quite crude though, but very funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLcsKyGWpc

Shaun Micallef
Mick Molloy
Glenn Robbins
Roy & HG
Tom Gleisner
The Twelfth Man
Mark Trevorrow (aka Bob Downe)
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rob Sitch

kainic Apr 14th 2009 8:35 pm

Peter kay is truly funny. Alan carr is also very funny.:thumbsup:

Burbage Apr 14th 2009 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by sr71 (Post 7478678)
There are actually loads of Australian comedians, some good, some terrible. And some foreign comedians that are famous only in Australia - Jimeoin and Danny Bhoy are two examples.

Some of the ones I like :
Jim Jeffries (quite crude though, but very funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLcsKyGWpc

Shaun Micallef
Mick Molloy
Glenn Robbins
Roy & HG
Tom Gleisner
The Twelfth Man
Mark Trevorrow (aka Bob Downe)
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rob Sitch

Ah yes, Billy Birmingham is hilarious. The Final Dig is a masterpiece. But he doesn't do stand up does he?

I keep hearing about Kevin Bloody Wilson but I have yet to hear anything funny attributed to him.

I shall keep a weather eye open for the others.

paulry Apr 14th 2009 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Styler (Post 7478151)

:thumbsup:

al_and_lucy Apr 14th 2009 11:11 pm

Tommy Cooper was simply the most funniest man alive, he even had the audience laughing when he had his fatal heart attack on live tv .. I remember watching it.

Billy Connolly used to be funny,then he went to simple dire.

Eddie Izzard is fantastic, but also Michael McIntyre is very good .. look him up on youtube. heres one.

Another very good one though is Dara Ó Briain. Class Link!

SurferBoy Apr 15th 2009 5:02 am

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz (Post 7474264)
Bill Hicks and Steve Coogan is my fave...

A Bill Hicks fan on the sunny coast. We should meet up my friend! :thumbsup: