Default Re: Best Aussie beer?

I love Coopers Sparkling Ale

but guess I'll have to get a taste for Boags and Cascade where we're heading
Old Mar 14th 2006, 10:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
And he's got one in the fridge here too & he won't drink it!! :scared:

Probably hoarding it cos he thinks I wont ever buy him anymore .
Where do you buy it? Here or uk? If here, how much?
Last time I had some, the inlaws brought me half a dozen diff bottles when they flew in. They'll be coming again in 4 months time but their bags will be full of stuff for the bub, so unlikely to be any bottles for me
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Where do you buy it? Here or uk? If here, how much?
Last time I had some, the inlaws brought me half a dozen diff bottles when they flew in. They'll be coming again in 4 months time but their bags will be full of stuff for the bub, so unlikely to be any bottles for me
Nahh, you can buy it here, in Brisbane you can get it in plenty of bottleshops a chain called The Grape sell it, but there are plenty of larger liquor barns that also sell it, those particular ones that I bought last came from one down at Capalaba.

Can't remember the price off the top of my head, but I think that's probably because I dont want to remember it , something like $6/bottle perhaps? Dagboy will probably remember, there are 2 sizes too, some of the bottles are only 355mls :scared: although you can get the 500ml ones as well.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:26 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Nahh, you can buy it here, in Brisbane you can get it in plenty of bottleshops a chain called The Grape sell it, but there are plenty of larger liquor barns that also sell it, those particular ones that I bought last came from one down at Capalaba.

Can't remember the price off the top of my head, but I think that's probably because I dont want to remember it , something like $6/bottle perhaps? Dagboy will probably remember, there are 2 sizes too, some of the bottles are only 355mls :scared: although you can get the 500ml ones as well.
I shall have to take more time to peruse the wares in the next bottle'o' I visit.
My usual behaviour is to pass down the wine aisles grabbing the first half dozen bottles I see in my price range, before heading to the cold room to pick up a case of coopers or squires or which ever offer assaults my eyes first.
I know that if I spend too long in there, my bank balance will give me a hangover all too soon.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I shall have to take more time to peruse the wares in the next bottle'o' I visit.
My usual behaviour is to pass down the wine aisles grabbing the first half dozen bottles I see in my price range, before heading to the cold room to pick up a case of coopers or squires or which ever offer assaults my eyes first.
I know that if I spend too long in there, my bank balance will give me a hangover all too soon.
You need to give up that shopping at Coles mate .
Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:06 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Stick to the 5.8 Content Coopers, where people like Kiwi, myself and others become more and more goodlooking within a shorter space of time.
LOL: Speak for yaself cheeky
Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:11 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
working on my degree in MISOGYNIST, [10/01[ at AU............. ...mm
EEW! Sounds nasty. You'd better take something for it!

Old Mar 18th 2006, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Can't wait, I feel a long weekend coming up.
Excellent ... and I have a Coles gift voucher so we are both sorted.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:45 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Found a new one to try at the weekend, not sure if those outside WA will get it - its called Sticklers Best Bitter brewed by Matilda Bay, they were selling it on draft at the Queens in Highgate.
Just looked on the Matilda Bay website and its mentioned very briefly but there's not details on whether its sold in bottles or at what other nationwide outlets...
Im sure it wont be long before its made more widely available.
Its a proper warm flat beer
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
EEW! Sounds nasty. You'd better take something for it!

I did but she would,nt see my point of view. ...... mm
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:33 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
What's your favourite, or dare I say, what do you consider to be the best, Australian beer?

My contenders would be Cooper's Sparkling Ale (or pretty much anything from Coopers), James Boag Strong Arm Bitter, or Hahn Premium.

Most overrated Australian beer? Crown Lager IMHO.

Worst beer? Got to be VB for me. Truly Awful.

I'm going to cheat and say that the Cooper's brand is the best, that way I've got a few to choose from!
Cold, Pertaken in the company of good mates (away from work), accompanied by any food the doctor or wife wouldn't approve).