Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best airlines to use

Best airlines to use

Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

cbms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best airlines to use

We are planning on making a recci to sydney at Easter next year was hoping some of you that have done this yourselves might have an idea of cheap places to call home for two weeks. Also good priced flights, we have two young kids so I am hoping some of you might have recomendations that have done this with children as well.

many thanks in advance for any info
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best airlines to use

We travelled with Singapore airlines to Singapore & on the A380. It was great!
We flew the last two bits with Qantas who were also ok.

There are loads of previous threads on this subject, have you tried the search facility?

How old are your kids btw?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Singapore Airlines is the best in my opinion. I am scared of flying but I find they have enough entertainment, as well as all the great food and drinks, to keep me distracted. I also have friends who fly long hauls every year with their 3 boys under the age of 6 & they will only fly with Singapore. We flew to the UK in the new A380 and it was fantastic!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest most of the top rated airlines (economy seats) are much of a muchness - the staff on the asian ones tend to be friendlier but not always. I would just shop around with your dates and see who is offering the best deals.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We have flown with Emirates, Singapore and Royal Brunei..all good but Emirates were the best for us.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

cbms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your replys. Will look into the best deal now
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We have flown Emirates- seats were not the most comfy, but entertainment and service was great. Also BA and Quantas ok but then we weren't at the back and the Singapore to Sydney section was so rough that the back end was full of people throwing up. Going back in July for a visit on the A380 Singapore Airlines so good to hear nice things said about it.