Being Welsh

Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice
Default Re: Being Welsh

Originally Posted by benlast
Oh God, I can't believe I remember Max Boyce... now I'm really old.
and they broke the mold of solid gold that once held Barry John.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:55 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously this test is not a true representation of how you could be expected to be treated as a pom in oz.
The Welsh are of course a class above the english and are afforded better treatment here in oz. The Welsh and Australians have something in common: We both cant stand bladdy whinging pommies..... innit like... allright butt ?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Obviously this test is not a true representation of how you could be expected to be treated as a pom in oz.
The Welsh are of course a class above the english and are afforded better treatment here in oz. The Welsh and Australians have something in common: We both cant stand bladdy whinging pommies..... innit like... allright butt ?

Too general!!

Its them from down Sarf that whinge, you know the ones that talk like they came straight off the set of Eastenders and had a friend who once appeared in the Sweeny. "Gor Blimey Guvnor, cant get no bleeding tea bags here"

Too hot, not like home, these crisps are deezgusting! etc etc

IMHO of course

Like innit
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
Too general!!

Its them from down Sarf that whinge, you know the ones that talk like they came straight off the set of Eastenders and had a friend who once appeared in the Sweeny. "Gor Blimey Guvnor, cant get no bleeding tea bags here"

Too hot, not like home, these crisps are deezgusting! etc etc

IMHO of course

Like innit

I think that it is those cloth cap ferret breeding black pudding northern types that moan the ones that sound like they have just walked off a set of corrie or emmerdale

IMHO of course

ps the Welsh don't like us because they know that we are superior and are the master race
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jond
I think that it is those cloth cap ferret breeding black pudding northern types that moan the ones that sound like they have just walked off a set of corrie or emmerdale

IMHO of course

ps the Welsh don't like us because they know that we are superior and are the master race

You mean the ones that smoke roll ups, walk their whippet like, look like they are either from a Lawrie painting or Seth from Emmerdale?

Oh an notoriously mean with money

The Welsh love everybody Scots, Irish some english oh and lots of sheep!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Total rubbish. As an English person (or rather a person with an English accent - I have a Welsh grandmother) I have lived in Wales for 20 years and never heard one comment about this. In fact, apart from gentle ribbing about the accent, there has never been one problem stemming from being English. The cottage burning was a 1970's phenononem. (sp?)

In fact, the people of the South Wales Coast are bemoaning the fact that the English middle Classes are currently not looking to buy second homes as it is having a knock on effect in the local economy.
I lived there for the first six or so years of my life (nr Tregaron) and they didn't like the English much back then. But then maybe that was because it was the 1970s and the Welsh loathed the hippies who "dropped out" there, which my parents were
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:10 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rabsody
I lived there for the first six or so years of my life (nr Tregaron) and they didn't like the English much back then. But then maybe that was because it was the 1970s and the Welsh loathed the hippies who "dropped out" there, which my parents were
You didn't grow up in a Teepee, did you?

I don't think people from Ceredigion like people from Pembrokeshire so don't take it personally
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:16 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Ironically, the North Welsh aren't always that keen on the South Welsh and vice versa. Different accents, different words and different habits. And having grown up near Anglesey (on the North Wales coast), I remember hearing mutterings from those living on the mainland about the type of people who lived on the island...

Maybe there's no group of people so small that one half won't start putting down the other half!

Cheers
b
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jond
We know you're something being with master but it doesn't end in race
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by benlast
Ironically, the North Welsh aren't always that keen on the South Welsh and vice versa. Different accents, different words and different habits. And having grown up near Anglesey (on the North Wales coast), I remember hearing mutterings from those living on the mainland about the type of people who lived on the island...

Maybe there's no group of people so small that one half won't start putting down the other half!

Cheers
b
Yeah! And gogs can't play rugby
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You didn't grow up in a Teepee, did you?

I don't think people from Ceredigion like people from Pembrokeshire so don't take it personally
Something like that!

This was the local pub (only one,think there were only about 300 inhabitants in Llangeitho - still had 2 churches tho!) http://www.threehorseshoe.net/index.htm saw this beer garden more than a few times in my childhood
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Something like that!

This was the local pub (only one,think there were only about 300 inhabitants in Llangeitho - still had 2 churches tho!) http://www.threehorseshoe.net/index.htm saw this beer garden more than a few times in my childhood
So, any link to Operation Julie?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

So, any link to Operation Julie?
was that the acid thing? well there was always plenty of illegal activity going on *my lips are sealed*!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:30 am
Account Closed

was that the acid thing? well there was always plenty of illegal activity going on *my lips are sealed*!
That's the one. Remember it being big news at the time but didn't really understand what was going on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites...ulie_lyn.shtml
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's the one. Remember it being big news at the time but didn't really understand what was going on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites...ulie_lyn.shtml
You couldn't understand ... what, off your face were you?!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.