Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Being drunk brings out the truth

Being drunk brings out the truth

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:23 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Being drunk brings out the truth

We went to a party at my BIL's on Saturday and started to drink very early so you can imagine that everyone was a little bit merry. Anyway we met a very good friend of thiers for the first time who was chatting away (nice bloke) he asked us whether we were going away this year and we said we had just come back from Australia and that we are emigrating. He didn't know which i found a little strange that my BIL had not mentioned this to his good friend but thought nothing more of it.

Later on his friends had gone and we started to talk about coming over for holidays and how good they would be. And out of no where my bil said that he was sick to death of talking about OZ and he has had it for the last 12 months proir to us going on holiday and that we had been are going to live so can't we change the ****ing subject !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts please as i was taken back by what he said
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:26 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being drunk brings out the truth

Originally Posted by Issie
We went to a party at my BIL's on Saturday and started to drink very early so you can imagine that everyone was a little bit merry. Anyway we met a very good friend of thiers for the first time who was chatting away (nice bloke) he asked us whether we were going away this year and we said we had just come back from Australia and that we are emigrating. He didn't know which i found a little strange that my BIL had not mentioned this to his good friend but thought nothing more of it.

Later on his friends had gone and we started to talk about coming over for holidays and how good they would be. And out of no where my bil said that he was sick to death of talking about OZ and he has had it for the last 12 months proir to us going on holiday and that we had been are going to live so can't we change the ****ing subject !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds a bit like the ole green eyed monster Issie!

don't let it worry you
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:28 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
sounds a bit like the ole green eyed monster Issie!

don't let it worry you
Forgot to say he was the BIL who betted my best friend £200 that we wouldn't go as we didn't have the bollocks to do it .
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:28 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Maybe change the subject?

I know i bored some of my mates to death during the application and before we moved out here. It becomes all consuming for us but other people find it as interesting as stamp collecting.
</IMG></IMG>
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Forgot to say he was the BIL who betted my best friend £200 that we wouldn't go as we didn't have the bollocks to do it .

i remember reading that............. theres your answere....hes obviously skint and jeolous at the same time,
but i get the feeling that thats how certain people feel , cos some people are generaly interested in your update on how things are going and if you quickly look at some other peoples eyes you can see some roll as if to say hear we go again, i do try and not say to much cos it may be boring to some hearing the same old same old version, but i think in general people...family included are jeolous of the determination and the chance to do something different with your life instead of carrying on with this same boring LIFE, i feel like im getting OUT OF WALFORD (even though i lve no where near it,i feel like a rundown eastender).....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he doesnt want you to go and is sore about it.

Jo
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

He might be jealous of what you are doing and that you are going to have a huge adventure.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:37 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it is jealousy, I bet it is because you go on about it all the bloody time, like a lot of people do. When I came back from Oz the first time I went I drove people mad. It's like when your mates decide to get married, all they talk about is the wedding plans (yawn) or when your best mate has a child and all they talk about is there kid. I'm not married, don't have kids (we don't want them either) and those two subjects bore the hell out of us. The good thing is we tell them as well. In some ways its nice to know how your BIL feels even though he didn't handle it right, at least you now know your boring!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by russmcp
I doubt it is jealousy, I bet it is because you go on about it all the bloody time, like a lot of people do. When I came back from Oz the first time I went I drove people mad. It's like when your mates decide to get married, all they talk about is the wedding plans (yawn) or when your best mate has a child and all they talk about is there kid. I'm not married, don't have kids (we don't want them either) and those two subjects bore the hell out of us. The good thing is we tell them as well. In some ways its nice to know how your BIL feels even though he didn't handle it right, at least you now know your boring!

Thanks for that
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:20 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by russmcp
aye, what he said.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Next time you see him, do this:

*Fingers in ears and shouting*:

La, La, La AUSTRALIA!!!!

In other words tell him to shove it up his a*se.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:19 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

That's the whole point of this forum - so we can talk to others going through the same process about Oz because all of our friends and rellies are bored sh1tless with us going on about it the whole time!!!

Buzzy
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Quote ; It's like when your mates decide to get married, all they talk about is the wedding plans (yawn) or when your best mate has a child and all they talk about is there kid.

Don't you hate it when they send an xmas card or b'day cards & sign it from their unborn as ..... & Bump !

pass me the bucket
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Quote ; It's like when your mates decide to get married, all they talk about is the wedding plans (yawn) or when your best mate has a child and all they talk about is there kid.

Don't you hate it when they send an xmas card or b'day cards & sign it from their unborn as ..... & Bump !

pass me the bucket
ahh - guilty of that one! i take it you dont have kids! still i know people that do the same with their pets!

as for the BIL - i'd agree with Joho - he probably has never said that talking about OZ bores him before probably because deep down he doesnt want you to go and perhaps its painful to be reminded of the imminent?
We dont have the problem of going on about OZ all the time with family and friends. With our families its a case of them not being interested and they change the subject as soon as we bring it up anyway.....but they are thinking that it wont happen!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by travelbug
ahh - guilty of that one! i take it you dont have kids! still i know people that do the same with their pets!

as for the BIL - i'd agree with Joho - he probably has never said that talking about OZ bores him before probably because deep down he doesnt want you to go and perhaps its painful to be reminded of the imminent?
We dont have the problem of going on about OZ all the time with family and friends. With our families its a case of them not being interested and they change the subject as soon as we bring it up anyway.....but they are thinking that it wont happen!

We have 2 kids .

With their pets ? really ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.