Beer bets...

Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:11 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beer bets...

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
errrr NO I DIDNT!!!!!

I might thank you to correctly quote my posts.

Go and read what I wrote: This is an EXACT cut and paste (part from the color):

"I think Greece and probably Italy will default by very early next year, followed rapidly by a collapse of the entire Euro. I pray that I am wrong."

Greece DID default. They renegotiated the loans. They called it a haircut, but in reality it was a default. Investors didn't get their money back. They got less than 50%, and most of that was actually further extensions of existing loans, meaning that Greece actually paid nothing back on time.

Now - do you understand what a default is?
Yes that is a default. However most of Europe chooses not to recognise it.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:13 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Yes that is a default. However most of Europe chooses not to recognise it.
What annoyed me was a deliberate misquote to try to point score. Cut and paste is easy enough.......

I haven't got any takers for that free beer.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:16 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

What annoyed me was a deliberate misquote to try to point score. Cut and paste is easy enough.......

I haven't got any takers for that free beer.
Cut and paste, kick the can, head in the sand.... it's a whole pile of... trouble we all have to face up to . And it aint gonna be pretty.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do you read what I write?

"I think the Euro has about a year to run before the first country pulls out – and I have a gut feeling it wont be the defaulters parade of PIGS. More likely one of the countries who can see themselves bleeding to death supporting the unsupportable.

That was April last year.

You do understand that "about" means something different to "exactly"....
Yes, you said about a year... which means sometime around now. Definitely doesn't mean more than 2 years from that point, as in your first post of this thread "mid 2013".
errrr NO I DIDNT!!!!!

I might thank you to correctly quote my posts.

Go and read what I wrote: This is an EXACT cut and paste (part from the color):

"I think Greece and probably Italy will default by very early next year, followed rapidly by a collapse of the entire Euro. I pray that I am wrong."

Greece DID default. They renegotiated the loans. They called it a haircut, but in reality it was a default. Investors didn't get their money back. They got less than 50%, and most of that was actually further extensions of existing loans, meaning that Greece actually paid nothing back on time.

Now - do you understand what a default is?
I did copy & paste, however it seems that you added a line break in the middle of the sentence. So this is an EXACT copy & paste:

We are in a fine mess and no mistake. I think Greece and probably
Italy will default by very early next year, followed rapidly by a collapse of the entire Euro. I pray that I am wrong.

Putting your typing skills aside now, Italy didn't default even though you said they probably would. Also there was no collapse of the entire Euro as you said there would be.

Trying to deflect from what you said doesn't work, the fact remains that in April 2011 you said the Euro had about a year before the first country pulls out - and then in November you said at least one default would happen at the beginning of 2012 which would be rapdily followed by a collapse of the entire Euro.
It was a copy & paste. Typing a sentence without line breaks is easy.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Are you possibly implying that the eurozone is stable, or not in danger of a serious lack of credibility for any future funding?
I haven't commented on the Eurozone, I have simply commented on the OPs many many previous posts on this topic which have suggested the downfall is nigh.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
The Euro collapse threads might become a bit like the Australian housing bubble bursting threads...harp on about it for long enough and eventually, one day...the facts (opinions) in em will be come true? Taking a bet on a Eurozone country leaving now is hardly a leap of faith!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Put 5 economists in a room and you'll get 6 opinions.

If the 'experts' rarely get predictions right, why would a punter on an Internet forum get it right?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:45 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Yes, you said about a year... which means sometime around now. Definitely doesn't mean more than 2 years from that point, as in your first post of this thread "mid 2013".

I did copy & paste, however it seems that you added a line break in the middle of the sentence. So this is an EXACT copy & paste:

We are in a fine mess and no mistake. I think Greece and probably
Italy will default by very early next year, followed rapidly by a collapse of the entire Euro. I pray that I am wrong.

Putting your typing skills aside now, Italy didn't default even though you said they probably would. Also there was no collapse of the entire Euro as you said there would be.

Trying to deflect from what you said doesn't work, the fact remains that in April 2011 you said the Euro had about a year before the first country pulls out - and then in November you said at least one default would happen at the beginning of 2012 which would be rapdily followed by a collapse of the entire Euro.

It was a copy & paste. Typing a sentence without line breaks is easy.
All you have to do is take the bet.....l.l.

Easy money for a guy like you.... Come on, all you need to do is reply with "yes" and I will consider the bet on!

Come on mate, put the bet on....

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Apr 28th 2012 at 3:14 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

sausage
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

I wont take the bet - I've seen the cost of beer in Aus

However, I agree it's a matter of time before full collapse - and the only question is when rather than if. Not too sure it'll be by next year - they seem intent on shoring up the mess for as long as possible - the fact is if they'd excluded the countries who aren't valid members of the euro as soon as it became apparent (or better yet never let them join - Greece's dodgy bookkeeping anyone?) we almost certainly wouldn't be having this conversation
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:16 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by abi31
I wont take the bet - I've seen the cost of beer in Aus

However, I agree it's a matter of time before full collapse - and the only question is when rather than if. Not too sure it'll be by next year - they seem intent on shoring up the mess for as long as possible - the fact is if they'd excluded the countries who aren't valid members of the euro as soon as it became apparent (or better yet never let them join - Greece's dodgy bookkeeping anyone?) we almost certainly wouldn't be having this conversation
No economist in the world would take my bet, and it's been several hours now, and no one on BE will either. Let's see off Roaring Mouse will match my bet.......
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

All you have to do is take the bet.....l.l.

Easy money for a guy like you.... Come on, all you need to do is reply with "yes" and I will consider the bet on!

Come on mate, put the bet on....
No economist in the world would take my bet, and it's been several hours now, and no one on BE will either. Let's see off Roaring Mouse will match my bet.......
Post 6...
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I wouldnt bet against you..... How about i buy you a pint when you're next in perf anyway?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:21 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by eddie007
Personally I wouldnt bet against you..... How about i buy you a pint when you're next in perf anyway?
Its been a looooooooong time since I was in Perth Eddie, but If I go again, you are on the drinking buddy list
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:56 am
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Put 5 economists in a room and you'll get 6 opinions.

If the 'experts' rarely get predictions right, why would a punter on an Internet forum get it right?
"Economics is an art not a science" Lecture 1macroeconomics late 80's. Seems the more things change....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.