Which beer?

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:43 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which beer?

I dont know what it is but I cant settle on one beer.
When I lived here before, it was VB all the way - no questions. This time round I'm struggling to find a permanent partner. I never had this problem in the UK.

Anyone else feel the same? There is such a huge choice which doesnt help.
Have tried with VB again but we've grown apart. A bit like an ex girlfriend - great to catch up for old times sake and maybe a one night stand but you dont want a full time relationship.

Keep drifting back to Crown's, but dabble with Corona's, Blonde's.

Settling here has so many challenges!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Which beer?

Crown's and Corona's
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:07 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I dont know what it is but I cant settle on one beer.
When I lived here before, it was VB all the way - no questions. This time round I'm struggling to find a permanent partner. I never had this problem in the UK.

Anyone else feel the same? There is such a huge choice which doesnt help.
Have tried with VB again but we've grown apart. A bit like an ex girlfriend - great to catch up for old times sake and maybe a one night stand but you dont want a full time relationship.

Keep drifting back to Crown's, but dabble with Corona's, Blonde's.

Settling here has so many challenges!
Australian beers are mostly all dirty slappers you wouldn't want to keep seeing on a regular basis.

If I'm stuck for something to clean my drains with, then it's VB all the way for me too.

James Boag stuff is fairly drinkable. Tasman Bitter (only from Liquorland) is also reasonable. Little Creatures is pretty good, but there's nothing that can rival the likes of Old Speckled Hen, Abbott Ale, Bishop's Finger or Badger Golden Champion.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Australian beers are mostly all dirty slappers you wouldn't want to keep seeing on a regular basis.

If I'm stuck for something to clean my drains with, then it's VB all the way for me too.

James Boag stuff is fairly drinkable. Tasman Bitter (only from Liquorland) is also reasonable. Little Creatures is pretty good, but there's nothing that can rival the likes of Old Speckled Hen, Abbott Ale, Bishop's Finger or Badger Golden Champion.
Your right about there being nothing that is able to rival the likes of Old Speckled etc, they are all shite - cant stand "real ale" myself.

VB = Vomit Bombs

Used to drink Newcastle Brown Ale but got the worst hangovers imaginable. Guinness that is kept correctly is like nectar but put on too much weight. I now like to drink Charlton Draft for my sins. I will however drink most beers (especially if they come out of my brothers beer fridge), but I keep drifting back to the Charlton Draft.

Barney
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:27 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

what about TEDS
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Have you given Coopers a go? Try the Pale Ale - tastes much better than it sounds. They also do other Ales (Dark, etc.) and Lager.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
...but there's nothing that can rival the likes of Old Speckled Hen, Abbott Ale, Bishop's Finger or Badger Golden Champion.
There are, but they're mostly found in Victoria.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Carlton Cold for me
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

I will drink most of them but I only buy Corona.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattmc
I will drink most of them but I only buy Corona.
hope you had a few of them last night

shouldnt you be gettin' yirself ready for the big game?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:31 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

XXXX.....yep,found my lowest common denominator
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
hope you had a few of them last night

shouldnt you be gettin' yirself ready for the big game?
I stayed off the corona last night and I have just come back from my 10 mile warm up run
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:35 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I stayed off the corona last night and I have just come back from my 10 mile warm up run
you should have just jogged here
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't want to come across as to flash so I might just cycle there instead
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I don't want to come across as to flash so I might just cycle there instead
backwards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.