BBC Radio

Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC Radio

Hello there,

Does anyone know how I can circumvent the Beeb's radio broadcast policy of only transmitting sports events to listeners in the UK?

I'm outside the UK but wondered if there was a proxy IP address or server that I can access to make it look like I'm in the UK?

Cheers
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:24 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Radio

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Hello there,

Does anyone know how I can circumvent the Beeb's radio broadcast policy of only transmitting sports events to listeners in the UK?

I'm outside the UK but wondered if there was a proxy IP address or server that I can access to make it look like I'm in the UK?

Cheers
They have a pretty sophisticated detection system in operation and, despite mine and many others best efforts, we haven't found a way of circumventing it yet, using proxies or otherwise.

The only way that would work is to remotely access someone else's PC in the UK, using either Remote Desktop or a VNC client and tunnel the sound to your PC.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:01 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Curses. Foiled again by those pesky Beebers.
Thanks anyway!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Curses. Foiled again by those pesky Beebers.
Thanks anyway!
No worries. If I find away around it - I'll certainly bring it to the attention of the forum.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there,

Cheers

Have you tried getting someone in the uk to get a 'sling box' attached to a cable tv box that you could dial into remotely?

Johnnyyt
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

I listen to the rugby on my local station all the time, It has only been blocked once in a year up to now.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:08 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billywetpants
I listen to the rugby on my local station all the time, It has only been blocked once in a year up to now.
BBC Hull, or Viking
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
BBC Hull, or Viking
Radio Humberside, completely forgot about Viking might have to find it for a listen now and again.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:16 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Radio Humberside, completely forgot about Viking might have to find it for a listen now and again.
Local independent radio is always good for a laugh
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Local independent radio is always good for a laugh
I remember I used to listen to Viking at work in the eighties and they had a day time agony aunt on who used to talk about some very sexually explicit subjects while we were eating our sandwiches which we all found highly amusing.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:28 pm
Take it easy

I remember I used to listen to Viking at work in the eighties and they had a day time agony aunt on who used to talk about some very sexually explicit subjects while we were eating our sandwiches which we all found highly amusing.
I was at uni at Hull in the 80's, and used to listen to Viking throughout the night...all night TV was just making it's debut at the time.

Viking was great for a laugh, especially when you were stoned out your head
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:43 am
Banned

Merkin will become famous soon enoughMerkin will become famous soon enough

Hello there,

Cheers
I miss 5 live on saturday afternoons, there football coverage was second to none, better than watching the tv as they went all around the grounds.

Does anyone know if you can pay a yearly subscription? I'd assume we cant listen as we dont pay a license fee although we still get radio 1 ,2 etc.
It doesnt make sense when we came to Aus 2 years ago we could listen to it then.....whats changed?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Merkin
I miss 5 live on saturday afternoons, there football coverage was second to none, better than watching the tv as they went all around the grounds.

Does anyone know if you can pay a yearly subscription? I'd assume we cant listen as we dont pay a license fee although we still get radio 1 ,2 etc.
It doesnt make sense when we came to Aus 2 years ago we could listen to it then.....whats changed?
That day won't be far off. They're currently trialing their iPlayer software which lets people in the UK see BBC programmes online and the plan is to let people pay a subscription to view them around the world.