Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BBC programme last wk about immigration...

BBC programme last wk about immigration...

Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

chrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant future
Default BBC programme last wk about immigration...

Hey!

Did any of you see the programme...think it was on BBC..where they showed a family from England who moved to Adelaide... the guy was a carpet fitter....and making 50,000 POUNDS (he stated POUNDS)pa...he said would be easy to make 75,000 pa..!!!!! (wtf!!)

Im definetley gonna get my husband re-trained!! How hard can it be...? Maybe I'll re-train too....we could start up a carpet business and live happily ever after....
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC programme last wk about immigration...

Do you remember the name of the programme?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrisdnurse
Hey!

Did any of you see the programme...think it was on BBC..where they showed a family from England who moved to Adelaide... the guy was a carpet fitter....and making 50,000 POUNDS (he stated POUNDS)pa...he said would be easy to make 75,000 pa..!!!!! (wtf!!)

Im definetley gonna get my husband re-trained!! How hard can it be...? Maybe I'll re-train too....we could start up a carpet business and live happily ever after....
Saw something similar. It was "Wanted Downunder", this guy was from London and reckoned he earned £1000.00 a week!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you go to train as a carpet fitter? Will av to try and Google it
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, shoot me
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!

Indeed

....and did you know that the moon is made of blue cheese?

G
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Indeed

....and did you know that the moon is made of blue cheese?

G
Excuse me but i think those two intrepid explorers Wallace and Grommit ascertained it was made of yellow cheese
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Excuse me but i think those two intrepid explorers Wallace and Grommit ascertained it was made of yellow cheese
I can confirm this with the Bananas in Pajamas (book AND CD), where Rat in a Hat stole the teddies moon rock, and it was made of yellow cheese. Can't confirm the type of yellow cheese, but it was yummy apparently.

JTL
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It was made of blue cheese when I was a lad

Damn you Wallace and Grommit:curse:
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:52 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you lot. It was Wensleydale

And I earn $10,000 just to take the carpet into the house. I don't even have to lay it!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

chrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant futurechrisdnurse has a brilliant future

Im serious..!!! Thats what the man said!!!

Cant rem the name but it was on as a supplement to the news one evening...
I'll see if i can find out.

Any results on where we can train...??
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

It was an ITV tonight show. The carpet fitter and wife were in Adelaide. I have it on Sky + but have not watched it all yet. I did see the end though where the electrician and his wife were coming back to the UK because of a lack of work.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Actually you lot. It was Wensleydale

And I earn $10,000 just to take the carpet into the house. I don't even have to lay it!!

I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000.

Which is why I work on a laptop in the bed, cos the bastards won't pay me $10,000

JTL

No lapdancer jokes please. I said 'laptop'. And she didn't even take her pants off...

oh hang on
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds familiar..................
Here

And here

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 29th 2009 at 2:27 am.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
It was an ITV tonight show. The carpet fitter and wife were in Adelaide. I have it on Sky + but have not watched it all yet. I did see the end though where the electrician and his wife were coming back to the UK because of a lack of work.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go & watch it now & report back!

Honestly, members are getting very slack these days!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Watching it now.

Quote "I can earn £50,000 very easily even up to £75,000" Sean - Self Employed Carpet Fitter who has moved to Adelaide.

You can watch it on ITV Player

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/d...5&Filter=40423

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.