Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BBC iPlayer, how to view BBC programmes from Oz

BBC iPlayer, how to view BBC programmes from Oz

Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC iPlayer, how to view BBC programmes from Oz

Hi, I am sure I recall a thread on here a long while back with a link to some software download that allows users in Australia to get around the BBC TV iPlayer block?

Is there any way we can get the up to date BBC programmes on the web?

Thanks

Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer, how to view BBC programmes from Oz

Originally Posted by Jon77
Hi, I am sure I recall a thread on here a long while back with a link to some software download that allows users in Australia to get around the BBC TV iPlayer block?

Thanks

Just download them www.thebox.bz.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Expat shield
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Click 'Search', type 'iplayer', fill yer boots
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:31 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Expat shield
+1

Completely free
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just download them www.thebox.bz.
But it's not video streaming. The problem with the box is the hard stance that the site administrators take on uploading back a good percentage of what you have downloaded from them. There is no guarantee that what you find interesting enough to download is of interest to someone else leaving you in a situation where your uploads don't meet expectations and your account gets disabled.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
But it's not video streaming. The problem with the box is the hard stance that the site administrators take on uploading back a good percentage of what you have downloaded from them. There is no guarantee that what you find interesting enough to download is of interest to someone else leaving you in a situation where your uploads don't meet expectations and your account gets disabled.
I don't have an issue with their policies. I have a ratio of over 2 and have done for 5 years. I download a good mix of drama/documentaries/sport/cooking programmes. I have no problem uploading as much as I download.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I don't have an issue with their policies. I have a ratio of over 2 and have done for 5 years. I download a good mix of drama/documentaries/sport/cooking programmes. I have no problem uploading as much as I download.
I downloaded a few gigabytes of programs and left the torrents seeding for the following four weeks on my 24/7 server but failed to upload enough to keep my account alive. Can't say I didn't try.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I downloaded a few gigabytes of programs and left the torrents seeding for the following four weeks on my 24/7 server but failed to upload enough to keep my account alive. Can't say I didn't try.
Maybe to do with your ISP than the box. I have downloaded 778 GB and uploaded 1.55TB
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe to do with your ISP than the box. I have downloaded 778 GB and uploaded 1.55TB
I don't think so. When someone downloaded from me it was at a reasonable rate it's just that only a handful of my torrents were of interest to others. So with all the will in the world I still got kicked out.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:58 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Myexpatnetwork works great on a Mac
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I download an episode of BellEnders once a week just to improve my ratio. I have episodes that are 3 years old, chugging away at a ratio of 7-12.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I download an episode of BellEnders once a week just to improve my ratio. I have episodes that are 3 years old, chugging away at a ratio of 7-12.
That is probably why I am OK, I download 5 episodes of Corrie a week
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm obviously missing the wrong programs
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:12 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77

Thanks

Ok, so I'm back... but only temporarily...

I've just started using TunnelBear (http://www.tunnelbear.com/) and it costs me about $4 per month for unlimited usage (free for up to 500MB per month).

It's incredibly simple to use and I've used it to download media for Windows Media Player and the Adobe Air iPlayer Desktop application (though you are tied to the player on the PC with the latter - whereas the former I strip the DRM and play it on my TV using a Boxee Box). I am of course talking BBC iPlayer and content here.

On the plus side, TunnelBear also allows you to access US content (i.e. Hulu) using a simple switch on the application.

I'm off again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.