Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BBC have been will we be on the tv???

BBC have been will we be on the tv???

Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:36 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default BBC have been will we be on the tv???

ok been asked to start a new thread on this,

i will start from the begining, we have had our house on the market now for 6mths with only 3 viewings, no offers etc, been with 3 Estate Agents, we live in a family village , primary schools 5 mins walk (no roads t cross) secondary school 10 mins walk, college 10 mins walk (also no roads to cross) village shops, e.g bakers , newsagents, chemist , doctors, dentist,hairdressers, pub you know the normal shops but only 1 of each not rows of them, anyways so the area is a sought after location for families and young people wanting to start a family, but because of this slump etc in the market we just havent been able to get that longed for SOLD sign , anyways hubby was offered 3 definate jobs in Australia 1 possibility , and loads of when you get here look in on us and we have a job for you , we have to go the sponsor route as hubby is a Senior fire Alarm Engineer as it is known here but this is not classed as a sought after occupation, so the sponsor route seems our only way of getting to Australia , and because we have not sold uour huse we have had to turn them down and put the sponsorship on hold, sme ppl have said why not rent, the reason for this is we have 6 children (only 4 coming with us) and feel we need some money to start a fresh once we get there , e.g car, rental, etc anyways we thought all our hopes of getting to Australia were gone , well for a few years anyway thren i get a random call from our EA asking if we would like to be on TV, well he explained a bit more that the BBC are starting a new daytime programme and they are looking for people trying to sell but have been unable for one reason or another, he asked was we intereted, Hell yes i said, he told me he would forward our details onto them now they had our permission and expect a call from the BBC , well this all happened friday and wasnt expecting a call till sometime this week , well was i wrong an hour after the call from the EA i get a call from the BBC telling us they had a programme is Canada called the "unsellables" and it was such a great hit they wanted to do a u.k version , they come in get a designer etc and they come in and trasform your house for you , i asked what is this going to cost me , NOTHING they said the company pay for it all , we then get prospective buyers that your EA has found and show them around so you hopefully get an offer or 2 when its finished, well she said are you still interested ,YES i said , she asks me to forward some pictures of the house to her and tells me she has the description and pics from out EA but would like a few from different angles , of course i said , she then said she would send me an E-mail confirming she had spoken to me and so we could foward on our pics to her. Well i get of the phone excited about it, an hour later i get the E-mail confirming our convo and saying they will call on monday morning , and hopefully interview us on tuesday, well it has all happened so fast , i get a call monday from the BBC again saying they are very pleased wih the pictures and can they come to do a sreenshot video of me, hubby and the kids and house. i said yes of course "when", they say tomorrow at 2pm suit you , we will interview you and hubby first on camera , see how you are being filmed etc and if you are comfortable with it then, pick the kids up at the end of school and we talk and video them . i said fine, they said dont go around doing loads of cleaning etc we want you as you are everyday, i said well i can clean up during the day as i do normally she said thats fine but dont do anything diferently than you normally would , ok i said

Well they came yesterday did loads of filming was here 3 hrs filmed us all and the house and the dogs and the snake, filmed the road etc and said they really liked the house and the family and the fact that we are not just moving to another house but to a different country is a very good story for the programme and the 2 assistant producers that were here thought we had a 95% chance of getting through to the final stage . They now have to go back Edit the filming and present it to the Producers etc on monday and will let us know by next week if we have passed, and if we have then filming will start Oct through to Dec so they will be here for 3 days during that timeas the series has 20 programmes to film .

So there you have it we are so excited about this and hope we get through to the final , we go on holiday next week fri 19th to florida disney for 2 weeks , the kids think we are off to spain, its a surprise holiday!! and hopefully before we go we will know what is happening, we come bk on 5th oct so if we have got through to the final they will start filming with us soon after so pleae everyone fingers crossed and all that for us and will update when i find ut more

sorry for the long post but had to explain from the start as some may not know the situation.

kind regards
Michell
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:58 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC have been will we be on the tv???

Hi Michell having followed your ups and downs over the past few months.

I wish you all the luck in the world, i'm sure you will get through you deserve it.

have a fab time in florida

Kaye xx
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Beppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really nice

Sounds like fun & better than sitting on your hands doing nothing whilst you wait to sell.

Do you think the exposure will help get your house sold or are you worried people will just go "that's that unsellable house off the tv" and steer clear?

Can't turn down a free makeover though.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

audrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really niceaudrey426 is just really nice

Wow nice one!!
Good luck, fingers crossed, ours is on market now too, got second viewing from estate agents the day, dreading it, been on for 1 month, its dire!
We have a beautiful old farmhouse renovated it, in keeping with period, views,1 mile from sea/golf course in sought after area, thought they would be biting my hand off - NO!
But did have a couple of viewings from advertising in post office as well.
What pi*ses me off is, would it choke them to say anything positive about it, out of 4 viewers, only one said my, you done a great job i love your house, (were off to put ours on the market-thank you for allowing us to kill a Sunday afternoon!!)
the rest said not one word! I hate viewers like that, they drag you down. If they cant afford, dont bother viewing, and burst my bubble.
They see the particulars on net and brochure they know roughly what they are looking at, before arrival,and obviously liked, would it hurt to say, its nice?
One even asked, "is it noisy on the farm?????"
"No of course not, we keep the chickens and cows gagged, at all times!"
HELLO! FARMHOUSE for sale on a FARM= animals, smell,tractors starting occasionally! Aaaargh!!
I hope you sell soon. viewers arrive in an hour, i have to go and practice my smile, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! May let the bl**dy chickens out!
If you want to view it to confirm with me that its not a tip, i will PM you the estate agent site.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Wow. . . how cool is that!!!

Good luck with it all. .

Mandy
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!!

Great news Michell. I know how hard it has been for you and I'm so glad there is hope. Fingers crossed you get chosen and it works!!!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:27 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

thank you all, we are just hoping this is it and some good luck comes our way finally!

we certainly need some as hubby got hit twice in the rear end on the m25 on friday coming up to the toll for the tunnel, he has been signed of for 2 weeks by the quack (hell for me ) . but on the upside he is ok apart from the bad whip lash and the insurance company are going to town on them, as we are going to disney on holiday next week we dont know if he can go on the rides because of his whiplash injury, he is on inflamatries(sorry spelling) and pain killers from the hospital so the insurance company are putting a claim in for that also , something they said about unable to enjoy family holiday through injury and they said because it is not just a normal holiday e.g relaxing on beach holiday , it is a holiday especailly for excitement , rides , children enjoyment together then they think it will be a good case , not that we are worried about the money side ,but hubby is worried he wont be able to enjoy this holiday as he would if this hadnt happened, he would rather it hadnt happened and enjoy our family holiday than any money compensation. this has been booked for over a year we have kept it secret from the kids and he feels if this is ruined its a trip of a lifetime holiday for us ruined or not enjoyed as we want to . anyways thank you all for your kind thought and well wishes will let you knw more when we hear

michell
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:25 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers are crossed for you hun