Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bathroom reno complete - at last!

Bathroom reno complete - at last!

Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bathroom reno complete - at last!

Originally Posted by sasbear
Yeah good price for the size of the block just over an acre and also 2 houses!!! Granny flat complete with own bathroom and a huge space which has a billiard table in right now but we sold that at our local auction and when they have collected it, daughter will be changing this into a kitchen/diner and a lounge room. She is just saving her $$$$ right now though so will be a while yet.

Bathroom is fully finished MP although the only thing left is the other side of the bathroom door to paint (my role) so I really am lucky he finishes things....he has just gone to Bunnings (again - I am sure we own shares in them by now) to get some tile adhesive and grout. He has knocked out the fireplace in the lounge and has rebuilt part of it.

Pictures to follow.

PP - it took us ages to get on our feet out here. Your time will come - you just have to be patient. God knows how hard it can be in the first 2-3 years.
We spend that much at Bunnings Im expecting a Chistmas card off them this year.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

That's amazing Sas! I am in awe!

I too have one of those husbands who can never entirely finish something - drives me bonkers!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He built a great extension on this house a year ago, got it decorated before christmas and having got the tax refund recently, finally had the money to get the wood flooring. He's spent three weekends and a couple of evenings to lay it, looking fab. Asked him if he was going to nip to the floor shop to get 2 metres of threshold bar thing or if he wanted me to get it in the week (we won't go into when the skirting board is going to be made). Had a major row about him doing this stuff. We now have a stunning looking floor with the two threshhold bits probably going to get damaged because he can't be arsed to do that tiny job. What's with that???
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's stunning Sas

We're moving next month and I can't wait to start painting and changing stuff!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:27 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful bathroom Sas.
Well done