Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Barbie AFL Finals Thread.

The Barbie AFL Finals Thread.

Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:47 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Barbie AFL Finals Thread.

Is Aussie no rules a sport? It's just an excuse for a fight between some pumped up gorillas. And you even get points for missing.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:32 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Thats just shit, as there is some 30,000 odd members of Freo, less than the capacity of Subi, it should be the first 3 days for members to get tickets, then whats left first in best dressed.
36,000 Freo members this year.

Not long back from queueing for 6 hours for tickets.
When I got there at 4am there were only about 20 people in front of me, but by the time the tickets went on sale at 10am the queue was bloody enormous!

By 10.15 we were told that the whole north side of the stadium was sold out!!
I got 4 tickets at 10.20 for the same block where my usual seat is, but a few rows down.

Woohoooooo!!!!!

Eagles members. I'd advise you lot to rock up very early tomorrow to get a decent ticket, or any ticket at all...!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 4:02 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

It was almost worth seeing the Eagles lose for that O'Loughlin moment when he scored the winner and exchanged yells face to face with the Eagles fans.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/eagle...222387676.html

Now if that had been English footy the crowd would have been on the pitch within seconds. I almsot think O'Loughlin deserved that goal after the bumping he received from Hansen when he was trying to 'loosen up' his groin earlier.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 5:56 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bal56
It was almost worth seeing the Eagles lose for that O'Loughlin moment when he scored the winner and exchanged yells face to face with the Eagles fans.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/eagle...222387676.html

Now if that had been English footy the crowd would have been on the pitch within seconds. I almsot think O'Loughlin deserved that goal after the bumping he received from Hansen when he was trying to 'loosen up' his groin earlier.
Hansen wasn't playing on saturday

Saturday was thje closest i've felt to a hostile crowd at Subi, even the atmosphere at the derby is usually good natured, but saturday was different. Dissapointing yes but not a huge shock and the good part of it is we get to do it all again this week and an all west coast grand final is still on the cards.

As for those who don't enjoy watching Aussie Rules then thats fair enough but why come on the thread just to slag off a game that many people here have a real love for, why not just save the energy in your typing finger for something you can contribute to.

Lynn
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:06 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Sorry Lynn - if not Hansen, whoever the guy was who was marking O'Loughlin - someone on here enlighten me please!

With regard to Aussie rules in general, I don't think its the most graceful of games - loads of scrabbling around on the floor to get the ball, but its certainly full of commitment and generally lacking in the play acting that plagues soccer.

Listening to Chickie talking on the radio about having his finger amputated to improve his game certainly illustrates that it's a tough sport!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:07 pm
Alive and boinging!

... oh, and my dog prefers chasing an Aussie rules ball to a soccer one!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bal56
Sorry Lynn - if not Hansen, whoever the guy was who was marking O'Loughlin

It was Adam Hunter.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:58 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
It was Adam Hunter.
Hunter didnt bump O'Loughlin hard enough as he got the last goal. Now if Hunter bumped him as hard as Chicky bumped Malceski, he would still be trying to pry his balls from his throat.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well done Freo & thanks for the call from Subiaco Scossie.

Now lets hope the Doggies can beat the Eagles & set up two prelim finals with clubs from four states.

Although I have a feeling both Brian & Lynn will tell me to **** off.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:51 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Now lets hope the Doggies can beat the Eagles & set up two prelim finals with clubs from four states.

**** off
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Freo, don't normally watch but it was a fab game.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:48 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
**** off

:scared:

Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:20 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

**** off

Lynn
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:34 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Bill....

What a bloody night!
Not feeling too fantastic this morning I must admit!
Can't think why? The beer tasted OK when I was drinking it??

Bring on steak & kidney next week.... I think we can beat them. Especially cos we'll be taking them on at a decent sized oval. Not the bloody tennis court we usually play them on!

Sorry Bill, but I'll be cheering on The Eagles tonight along with Brian & Lynn.
I want an all WA Grand Final..... With a Freo win of course....
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:43 pm
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by Scossie
Cheers Bill....

What a bloody night!
Not feeling too fantastic this morning I must admit!
Can't think why? The beer tasted OK when I was drinking it??

Bring on steak & kidney next week.... I think we can beat them. Especially cos we'll be taking them on at a decent sized oval. Not the bloody tennis court we usually play them on!

Sorry Bill, but I'll be cheering on The Eagles tonight along with Brian & Lynn.
I want an all WA Grand Final..... With a Freo win of course....
Hi scossie

hope the head gets better soon, we were cheering along with you last night and i bet big bad baz and his mates have something to think about for next weekend. We'll put the doggys to sleep tonight and have Adelaide quaking in their boots.

An all West Coast final will really have thise victorians scratching their heads, the footy show will be hilarious they wont have a clue what to talk about

Lynn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.