Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Banned from the local servo.

Banned from the local servo.

Old May 29th 2013, 9:47 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banned from the local servo.

Were you dressed as an Imman
Old May 29th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

I'm still trying to figure out why you need special piano delivery people for an electric piano????
Old May 29th 2013, 11:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
I'm still trying to figure out why you need special piano delivery people for an electric piano????
For they are the only people who know how to plug it in
Old May 29th 2013, 1:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been in Japan. When you're used to the shite customer service of the UK and Australia, Japan was a revelation. Without fail, it was polite, courteous, friendly and helpful

A real eye opener
Old May 29th 2013, 1:17 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've just been in Japan. When you're used to the shite customer service of the UK and Australia, Japan was a revelation. Without fail, it was polite, courteous, friendly and helpful

A real eye opener
Ya must have disguised yer saffer accent
Old May 29th 2013, 11:00 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
It's a digital piano with weighted keys etc so in the box, it's almost 100kg. Plus it has to be assembled and tested by someone with knowledge of how a piano should sound etc.
Old May 29th 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I had a bit of an embarrassing altercation in the local servo this evening resulting in the "duty manager" effectively banning me.
It started simply enough: I pulled up to the pump & filled the Ute with $100 bucks of diesel & walked in to pay. I grabbed an iced coffee as it was $3.00 on special & the console operator asked if I wanted anything from the hotbox as it was all half price. I grabbed 2 chilli chicken strips normally $2.20 each & with the Iced coffee at $3.00 handed over $5.20 informing her I'd put the fuel on my card. She then asked for $14.80!!! I said quite politely that I thought she had made a mistake.

"No it comes to $14.80 Sir"

"Actually no! It comes to $5.20. one iced coffee on special as per the blurb all over your fridges = $3.00 + 2 chilli chicken strips @ $2.20 comes to $5.20"

"Well I've rung it in & it comes to $14.80"

"$3.00 + $2.20 is $5.20 You made a mistake"

"No it's $14.80"

"O.K forget the food & drink I don't want it You offered it at half price yet your charging me twice the full price"

At this point the manager came out of the office & asked if there was a problem. I explained the situation & he informed me the till didn't make mistakes. By this point I'm quite embarrassed as there were about 5 people behind me listening to the whole thing. I guess I was also more than a little angry, low blood sugar lol hence the food.
Once again I explained that a 3 buck drink & 2 chilli chicken strips even at full price were only $7.40 & at half price were $5.20.
I reached into my pocket & produced a load of coins & said "Here's $3.00 for the coffee & here's $2.20 for the chicken. How hard can it be for you guys to add 2.20 to 3.00.
The manager then began ranting & asked me to leave. I explained that I had to pay for fuel & handed over my card to the girl. Who then couldn't clear the till from the previous over-ring. Manager swore at me & went to get the till key to over ride the till. I paid & left & as I was leaving he screamed not to f$#@#$ come back.
I've been contemplating reporting his behaviour to the franchise head office as it was not only blatantly trying to rip me off but also bloody embarrassing
It's not the first time I've been blatantly ripped off [well attempted] & it's bloody annoying.

hmm, ute, chilli chicken and iced coffee? I'd ban you as well

Just kidding, glad to see things will be just as I remember them in some regards for our return.
Old May 30th 2013, 3:11 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all

This thread's making me laugh, although it shouldn't as nobody should have to put up with crap like this.

Have to say my favourite's Dorothy's "No, David Jones doesn't cater for fat people"...
Old May 31st 2013, 2:31 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by With All Due Respect...

This thread's making me laugh, although it shouldn't as nobody should have to put up with crap like this.

Have to say my favourite's Dorothy's "No, David Jones doesn't cater for fat people"...
I can't believe a staff member would actually say that straight out! it's like something from the Fast Show...
Old May 31st 2013, 2:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
I can't believe a staff member would actually say that straight out! it's like something from the Fast Show...
In all fairness to the sales girl, English was very clearly not her first language. I'm sure she didn't mean to be offensive and I didn't really take offence which is probably why I won't bother to report her to DJs management. I think what she meant to say was that they don't carry boots in wider widths for women.

I did manage to drop $259 at another shop for some shoes I really did not need though. So that made me feel better for about 5 minutes
Old May 31st 2013, 2:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had awesome customer service from Volkswagen. Took my car in for a scheduled service. There was a problem with the media unit (CD would not eject), and even though the car is out of warranty, they are replacing the entire unit free of charge to me ($2500 cost to them)

I'm very happy with that
Old May 31st 2013, 3:08 am
not sure...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
In all fairness to the sales girl, English was very clearly not her first language. I'm sure she didn't mean to be offensive and I didn't really take offence which is probably why I won't bother to report her to DJs management. I think what she meant to say was that they don't carry boots in wider widths for women.

I did manage to drop $259 at another shop for some shoes I really did not need though. So that made me feel better for about 5 minutes
Good, good. Well done
Old May 31st 2013, 6:40 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's not all roses online either - Tiddlypom will no doubt be along to tell us of her experiences with a well known online shoe retailer

S
OMG - You utter b*****d. I had put that into the deeper recesses of my mind until now.

I'm going to have to go for freaking therapy just to get through the weekend!

F**K you Styletread! F**K you to hell. Bastards.
Old May 31st 2013, 6:42 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

*crying now*
Old May 31st 2013, 6:44 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
*crying now*

You or the girl from Styletread?

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.