Baggaage allowance

Old May 12th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Baggaage allowance

Hello all..

i ahve read on here that you can get an increased baggage allowance if you notify the airline that you are emmigrating...

i am about to book with virgin atlantic as they have a special offer on at the moment but they said they had never heard of this allowance..

what airlines does anyone know gives the increase???
Old May 12th 2008, 11:57 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggaage allowance

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
Hello all..

i ahve read on here that you can get an increased baggage allowance if you notify the airline that you are emmigrating...

i am about to book with virgin atlantic as they have a special offer on at the moment but they said they had never heard of this allowance..

Singapore definately do, think emirates do, maylasian dont. C x
Old May 12th 2008, 11:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all..

Singapore and Emirates have it with a PR visa and a one-way ticket. Never heard of Virgin doing it.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiels
Singapore definately do, think emirates do, maylasian dont. C x
They gave us 30kgs instead of 20 in January... So they do!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 12:07 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
They gave us 30kgs instead of 20 in January... So they do!!!
Maybe its new then as they wouldnt give us any last June thats why we flew Singapore, glad we did though C x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiels
Maybe its new then as they wouldnt give us any last June thats why we flew Singapore, glad we did though C x
I think I gat the nice luggage girl on the day!! The one in the next aisle wasnt budging... Cow!!
Old May 12th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

Originally Posted by justsarah
I think I gat the nice luggage girl on the day!! The one in the next aisle wasnt budging... Cow!!
so you have to have a one way ticket???

we wont have that as virgin have a deal on at the moment ..working out at £800 return..flying out in late septmber..one way is a lot more expensive..
Old May 12th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

so you have to have a one way ticket???

we wont have that as virgin have a deal on at the moment ..working out at £800 return..flying out in late septmber..one way is a lot more expensive..
we have just booked with singapour going mid August.
Have got 40kg allowance 520 per adult 410 per child
Thats heathrow to Brisbane
Old May 12th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pommy
we have just booked with singapour going mid August.
Have got 40kg allowance 520 per adult 410 per child
Thats heathrow to Brisbane
thats not bad at all..i will have to check out singapore airlines..

i didnt realise..in my stupidity..only checked one way travel with virgin..was working out at £3k for the 3 of us..but..the "special offer" was £2396 for the 3 of us..omg..£1356 for 3 of us one way with singapore...

result!!!