British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bag searches (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bag-searches-663097/)

Pommie Aussie Apr 7th 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Bag searches

yes I used to get sick of them asking. But now I just open the bag.

I used to throw it all on the counter.:sneaky:

soapy© Apr 7th 2010 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8480978)
You do the same wae yer trouser pockets when at the bar:lol:

whats a bar:confused:

moneypenny20 Apr 7th 2010 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8481027)

That shelf thing that you struggle to look over and don't really go near because they appear to want money when you get close.

The Bloke Apr 7th 2010 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 8481027)

Your place!:D

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8481039)
That shelf thing that you struggle to look over and don't really go near because they appear to want money when you get close.

:rofl:

fallen angel Apr 7th 2010 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8480942)
Couldn't care less to be honest because I know the person having to check wants to do it even less than you want to show.

Tell that to the jobsworth who ran (yes actually ran) after me and the screeching brats yesterday at K-Mart 'but but but it was a condition of entry that you let me look.....'

Why ask me if I minded if you checked my bags if you weren't going to accept it when I said that I actually did mind?

I hate the practice. But the thing that really baffles me is why on earth the locals actually queue up waiting for the door person to check their bags. I guess it must be so ingrained that they actually think it is obligatory

Gibbo Apr 7th 2010 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by fallen angel (Post 8481219)

I hate the practice. But the thing that really baffles me is why on earth the locals actually queue up waiting for the door person to check their bags. I guess it must be so ingrained that they actually think it is obligatory

I have to say that in all the years I've lived here Ive never seen that! Usually, I just walk passed and give them a smile. Can't remember the last time I was asked to open any bag.

Hutch Apr 8th 2010 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Pomster (Post 8480748)
Yes I know it has been done before but....

explain the logic in this.

It's never happend to me. But if it does I shall look the bag-searcher in the eye, ask them what they hope to find ... and then sprint off at high speed out of the shopping centre in the vain hope that they'll leg it after me.

BadgeIsBack Apr 8th 2010 12:35 am

Just walk past, smile pleasantly. Be confident. I've only ever had to waft a bag in someone's direction at KMart and a friendly, polite, shrug or remark distracts them quickly enough.

I suspect they stop people who hate it as their body language just makes them look suspicious.

BadgeIsBack Apr 8th 2010 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 8481271)
It's never happend to me.

Course it hasn't. You're just that sort of person.

Have to admit, I quite the like of idea of seeing how fast they are. I somehow suspect - not very.

Thydney Apr 8th 2010 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Pomster (Post 8480748)
Yes I know it has been done before but....

explain the logic in this.

I leave Big W, show them my bag.
Woman demands I show her my handbag as "it is A4 size". So if my handbag is smaller than A4 I am unlikely to be a thief, if it is bigger than A4, profiling shows I am 65pct more likely to be nicking stuff?

I had heard that razors are one of the most stolen items. If I was so inclined, I could stash several in my smaller handbag.

Next time they want to see my handbag I will tip the contents on the floor for them to rummage through- hopefully with my toilet training daughter's damp clothes in situ.....

Hold it open from them and when they start to rummage move the bag quickly and make a growl/animal snapping noise they will shit themselves:rofl:

Zambia Apr 8th 2010 12:45 am

Its a crock of shit of the highest order.

lapin_windstar Apr 8th 2010 1:10 am

If you carried a crock of shit in your handbag, I bet you wouldn't get asked twice.

xzibit Apr 8th 2010 1:17 am

Can you get in trouble if they ask you, and you run away?? I can see some fun times to be had in the near future if not. Never had it happen to me yet though.

kporte Apr 8th 2010 1:26 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8480806)
Look Pol, you are my hero in the bag searching superhero world... I plan to keep a supply of tampons, ky jelly and possible a rabbit (in the metaphoric meaning of the word) just to rile and shock some young or even older over enthusastic shop worker who has had a pissed off day.... ;)

Em x

If you're gonna keep a rabbit in your bag, just bear in mind the cost of lettuce here.....

No 15 Apr 8th 2010 1:27 am

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 8480827)
It's really, really stupid.

It's not just Bogan stores - Coles, K-Mart, Woolies...

They are all Bogan stores.