Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bad Santa & the kid no longer believes.

Bad Santa & the kid no longer believes.

Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:33 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad Santa & the kid no longer believes.

Made the mistake of getting Bad Santa for my nearly 12 yr old... luckily he took the huff and wouldn't watch it as he wanted to watch Billy Elliot first (he must have been getting all sentimental at Xmas when he asked for it as filmed near where we used to live). Anyway adults watched Bad Santa and now kids missed his chance as Santa was very bad much worse than one expected when film was bought as a light hearted Xmas film (well it did have the same 15+ as Billy Elliot and I know that's not that bad).

So on being informed he can't watch the Bad Santa he says well it's our fault for buying it as he saw us do it in the shopping centre. His first real confirmation that the big conspiracy is over. Gave all the indications up to know that he knew but would never admit it. Another childhood bites the dust.

Pleased though he took it in his stride not like this lot http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...517367,00.html

Last edited by annqldau; Dec 25th 2006 at 4:21 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 12:09 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bad Santa & the kid no longer believes.

Santa is as real as you want him to be.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

My 8 and 10 year olds still believe. When my 10 year old was 8 she stopped believing and then we went to Lapland for a few days - it was magical, I almost believed myself !!

Since then youngest is totally convinced and eldest isn't so sure about Santa but Tricky Dicky is really real and writes to her every year and leaves her stuff.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by ohippy
My 8 and 10 year olds still believe. When my 10 year old was 8 she stopped believing and then we went to Lapland for a few days - it was magical, I almost believed myself !!

Since then youngest is totally convinced and eldest isn't so sure about Santa but Tricky Dicky is really real and writes to her every year and leaves her stuff.
He's getting to that watch the parents every move age and unless it's Harry Potter with blood and guts doesn't believe in fairy tales anymore.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to tell me he doesn't exist :scared:
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

our eldest is on us like a hawk. We even have to use wrapping paper she's never seen. This year she wrote a note to Tricky Dicky and it was sealed so we couldn't read it. It said that he knew what she wanted so could he make sure he delivered it.

Luckily I watch what she says all year so had a bit of an idea. Next year might not be so easy.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 8:31 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy

Have just spent a week in Lapland and the 10 year old still doesn't believe

Fortunately it was a gradual realisation and not a complete shocker so he has never even questioned why we 'lied' to him.

In Lapland he still sat on santas lap and encouraged his four year old sister to as well. We talked about it and he knows that he mustn't tell her as she will realise in her own good time.

Lies that bring a smile and a bit of magic are more like fairytales than true lies.

Hope you all had a great hot day in OZ........It was -23 in Lapland most of the time....Brrrrrrrrrrr freezing :scared:

Andrea
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 26th 2006, 8:34 pm

Cool Re: Bad Santa & the kid no longer believes.

Originally Posted by Wendy
Are you trying to tell me he doesn't exist :scared:
Well Wendy it's like this... it's a global conspiracy after years of getting your kids to avoid strangers you then get the little kids to sit on the knee of an unknown paedophile who will later break into their house but leave stuff making them think strangers are nicer than the parents who give the kids nothing on Xmas day.

So the parents pay a fortune for years and some fat man dressed in red gets all the credit... why was this tradition started who ever did it must have been a moron, was it Coca Cola?