Bad News!!!

Old May 18th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice
Default Bad News!!!

Hi Everyone,

Our Aus dream is over! My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia last weekend! It came right out of the blue, he is a fit 70 year old who has never been in hospital in his life! He did'nt feel ill, they dicovered it during a routine blood test! He starts chemo today They reckon his chances of remission are good, but obviously can't give him any guarentee's. My mum has gone to pieces so I need to be here for both of them. So... goodbye Aus Thanks to everyone who has helped and advised me on various issues and good luck to everyone still waiting for the precious visa xxxxxxxxx
Old May 18th 2007, 9:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad News!!!

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and your family for the future.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:49 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

All the very best for you and I hope your Dad makes a speedy recovery.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:01 am
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi Everyone,

Our Aus dream is over! My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia last weekend! It came right out of the blue, he is a fit 70 year old who has never been in hospital in his life! He did'nt feel ill, they dicovered it during a routine blood test! He starts chemo today They reckon his chances of remission are good, but obviously can't give him any guarentee's. My mum has gone to pieces so I need to be here for both of them. So... goodbye Aus Thanks to everyone who has helped and advised me on various issues and good luck to everyone still waiting for the precious visa xxxxxxxxx
so sorry carol, bless your heart, thinking of you and your Dad, Nadsx
Old May 18th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Best wishes for the future hope your dad feels better soon
Old May 18th 2007, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish there was a(((((((HUG))))))))) smilie... but there isn't.

Really sorry to hear about your dad.... but it may be positive that they picked it up at a routine blood test, rather than later when he is symptomatic.

There are several different forms of leukaemia and although we all tend to imagine the worst case scenario, its not like that for everyone... some people with the chronic leukaemias tick along quite nicely with regular remissions for a good while!

I don't know hwat kind of person you are, whther you need to know the ins and outs and feel safer if you have facts or whether you prefer to just know what you are told right now.... but there is a great organisation call cancerbacup... they have informatioion about all leukaemias... as well as other useful information. They also have a telephone help line for family and relatives, they will send you writtien information if you prefer.

I found them very useful in similar circumstances

http://www.cancerbackup.org.uk/Home

I used them fairly frequently for information as well as crisis support..

It may seem like the end of the world right now, but don't give up on all your dreams... you could always validate your visa on a short trip and make longer term plans in the future when you know more about your Dad's individual circumstances..
Old May 18th 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

So sorry to hear the news about your Dad.
Best wishes for the future x
Old May 18th 2007, 10:09 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear about your dad.

as someone suggested - why not keep the visa application going and just go on a short trip to validate, you will then have 5 years to make a decision.

its probably the last thing on your mind right now.

however whatever you decide to do all the best for your family.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

really sorry to hear that. Hope your dad does ok, none of us know whats round the corner do we? Take care J and J
Old May 18th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Awwwwwwwww, that's too bad. I hope your dad recovers soon.

Take care, Lynn xx
Old May 18th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here your news.

Im sure with you at your dads side he will win his battle.

Good luck and take care
GEMS
Old May 18th 2007, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear your news.

My best friend's Dad was diagnosed with Leukaemia. 12 years ago. He's still about....ie in remission.

I'm not trying to give you hope, just to indicate that in 10 yrs time your life may not be much different to how it was 2 weeks ago from now. Which is nice for your folks. But may not be how you wish to be living.

My Dad has prostatic mets - cancer throughout his bones. He is 24 hrs travel away from me. Am I selfish for not living my life for me? Possibly. But if I dont put myself first, no-one else ever will. My dad could still be about in 5 yrs time - he could be gone tomorrow. I just feel fortunate to have known him and that he - quite surprisingly actually - hasn't been bumped off by a heart attack. Nowadays in our culture, we seem to forget that life is a terminal.

I send you a cyber hug in the hope that you and yours will be able to navigate the potentially bumpy journey ahead.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:43 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to read your news-sounds like your dad's chances are good tho' and he is lucky to have a loving daughter like you. I understand what it's like to feel life is on hold-my mother sadly died of poor prognosis breast cancer after fighting for 5 years. Dont give up on your dream-Im sure you'll find the way back
Old May 18th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone,

Hi

Sorry to hear your bad news.Hope he gets well soon.
ATB for the future.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

mottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nice

So sorry Carol, thinking of you and hope your dad is back to normal health quickly, good that they've caught it early. take care x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.