Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Be aware of tradie call out fees!!

Be aware of tradie call out fees!!

Old Jul 31st 2010, 10:54 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Be aware of tradie call out fees!!

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I agree with you on this. For people to say it only happens in Australia, well, they must be feeling rather biased for some reason.

There was something in the news a few months back about some trades wanting to charge for quoting for work, and it was well and truly slammed.

An interesting topic on someone being charged for a quote, is at this Property Investment forum: Somersoft
Although it was 5 years ago, (not many around to find), but you do get to see the "Australian" comments on someone being charged a fee for a quote.

No bias at all simply is what is with respect to my experiences. I've live in the UK and Canada. Spent so much time in the US that I could almost say I've lived there to. And in all honesty I've never been so barraged by dishonesty and a total disrespect and or disregard for others as where I've lived here, Sydney and Sunshine Coast. And I can tell you I don't live in dodgy areas. I know the old saying... It happens everywhere bla bla bla. But for some reason there is no escaping it here like anywhere else I've lived. Who knows maybe it's because I'm getting older and I have far less patience for such behaviour... Nothing a good bottle of rum wont fix.