Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Automatic Pool Cleaners

Automatic Pool Cleaners

Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Automatic Pool Cleaners

We are considering buying an automatic pool cleaner but they all seem a bit too expensive for us to justify the cost. Bunnings have two in at the moment, the Skoop and the Poseidon Mk 2 and they are both way cheaper than the ones in the pool shop.

I have looked at reviews online for the Poseidon and it is apparently rubbish, but I can't find any reviews for the Skoop. Does anybody have one?

As far as automatic cleaners go in general, any recommendations?? We get quite a few leaves in our pool and we're just so sick of having to “vacuum” it all the time.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Automatic Pool Cleaners

I havent had one for 2 years. But I am sure it costs more in chemicals and stuff. Everyone I know says its a "must have" and I want one but the decision making process seems very time consuming.

I am not necessarily after a cheapie but want a good model that will last with a leaf catcher.

So please everyone share your recommendations...............

Everything I have bought from bunnings of any consequence has had to be replaced in a year - I am not super impressed which is a pity because I love it there but dont buy anything large anymore
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:06 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look around the web too. Pool shop prices are always high

http://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/category12_1.htm

http://www.maplepools.com.au/poolcleaners.asp
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I had a Zodiac Baracuda Pacer in my pool, it did what it was supposed to do. I did a quick check and found Aus price $409 on line, UK Price £249, US equivalent $299 US.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I got one of these from my local pool shop. It cost me $309 - prices have gone up a little since then (I've had it 4 years) but it does the job and so far, so good
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I have a polaris and it is good- but very costly to replace bits. Not the cheapes to buy either, but it was there when we moved in.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have a barracuda too and it has been on the go for a few years now and I would highly recommend.