Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia's Mass Immigration Program Challenged

Wikiposts

Australia's Mass Immigration Program Challenged

Old Sep 26th 2018, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia's Mass Immigration Program Challenged

Originally Posted by Beoz
You couldn't answer the questions. Says it all really. Troll Troubadour
Don't answer silly questions then. I started the thread, you have maintained a constant self interest patter from early, but fine that 's the way it crumbles. Troll? Do you know the meaning? Ever more Australians, and I'd say the majority of Sydneysiders, do not sure your views, to turn Sydney into a totally unprepared, mega city, due to some failed ideologically belief, that has been shown to be faux, leaving both sides of politics, apart from margins on the Right and a stand alone political party solely pushing migration reduction.
If anything, I word I don't use, but you did, you are the troll, constantly harping on for overwhelming immigration at record levels, that the city is failing miserably to digest, purely out of selfish self interest. Way out of wack with most other residents whom are witnessing not just falling house prices, although remaining massively over inflated, but falling living standards.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Don't answer silly questions then. I started the thread, you have maintained a constant self interest patter from early, but fine that 's the way it crumbles. Troll? Do you know the meaning? Ever more Australians, and I'd say the majority of Sydneysiders, do not sure your views, to turn Sydney into a totally unprepared, mega city, due to some failed ideologically belief, that has been shown to be faux, leaving both sides of politics, apart from margins on the Right and a stand alone political party solely pushing migration reduction.
If anything, I word I don't use, but you did, you are the troll, constantly harping on for overwhelming immigration at record levels, that the city is failing miserably to digest, purely out of selfish self interest. Way out of wack with most other residents whom are witnessing not just falling house prices, although remaining massively over inflated, but falling living standards.
Where have you tried to find nightlife on your 1 or 2 visits to Sydney?

What type of nightlife do you strive for?
Old Sep 26th 2018, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Where have you tried to find nightlife on your 1 or 2 visits to Sydney?

What type of nightlife do you strive for?
The only principle at stake here is that night life in Sydney is somewhat mundane. (Obviously there are places that go against the mould.) At least for a city of its size and being premier city of the nation.
Your attempt to denigrate my number of visits to Sydney, even after stating the amount, being quite considerable over the years, just furthers your membership to the rank of troll. However I prefer to pass the night life in Sydney, is of my concern and I can always find plenty. Compatible with international cities of its statue and size, I would say a definite not. Others can indeed have their views, and it may differ. That's how I call it.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The only principle at stake here is that night life in Sydney is somewhat mundane. (Obviously there are places that go against the mould.) At least for a city of its size and being premier city of the nation.
Your attempt to denigrate my number of visits to Sydney, even after stating the amount, being quite considerable over the years, just furthers your membership to the rank of troll. However I prefer to pass the night life in Sydney, is of my concern and I can always find plenty. Compatible with international cities of its statue and size, I would say a definite not. Others can indeed have their views, and it may differ. That's how I call it.
I don't think you've experienced Sydney nightlife. You just read news articles about lockout laws and "assume" all based around that.

Now having experienced nightlife in many large cities over the years I wouldn't say for a second Sydney out does say London or New York, and nor should it. It's hardly located in a part of the world where Sharon from Sheffield and her hens night can get to easily. Nor has it the population of either place. However if you want to party til dawn, you can, if you want to sip a few pints in a pub past 11 (sorry London) you can. If you want to bar hop from one hispster establishment to another, go nuts. It's all there.

You are a bit out of touch old timer, or living your life through news.com.au. Either way it's pretty sad.

Now that we've established that, where were we in immigration?
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't think you've experienced Sydney nightlife. You just read news articles about lockout laws and "assume" all based around that.

Now having experienced nightlife in many large cities over the years I wouldn't say for a second Sydney out does say London or New York, and nor should it. It's hardly located in a part of the world where Sharon from Sheffield and her hens night can get to easily. Nor has it the population of either place. However if you want to party til dawn, you can, if you want to sip a few pints in a pub past 11 (sorry London) you can. If you want to bar hop from one hispster establishment to another, go nuts. It's all there.

You are a bit out of touch old timer, or living your life through news.com.au. Either way it's pretty sad.

Now that we've established that, where were we in immigration?
Sorry you are so ignorant and conceited on such matters but agree Sydney probably out does Sheffield. Doesn't come close to European cities, of lower populations though.
Now that has been cleared, immigration you want to discuss? So do you feel you've come up with a great find with the article doubling Australia's immigration intake? Your more out of whack that even I expected, if you think for one moment that supports your case.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry you are so ignorant and conceited on such matters but agree Sydney probably out does Sheffield. Doesn't come close to European cities, of lower populations though.
Now that has been cleared, immigration you want to discuss? So do you feel you've come up with a great find with the article doubling Australia's immigration intake? Your more out of whack that even I expected, if you think for one moment that supports your case.
That's right. Taxes need to support your desire to live off the taxpayer. And as you lot don't have enough to support yourself, we need more taxation. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's right. Taxes need to support your desire to live off the taxpayer. And as you lot don't have enough to support yourself, we need more taxation. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Well no. It only enriches rent seekers. Those being condo sellers, real estate cahoot, migration and banking industry, government coffers to some extent, but not with added demand on education, hospitals, roads, public transport, and most everything else.
Why should cities like Sydney go for numbers like a quarter of a million a year, when density, which indeed needs improving, but with planning, not Rio style, building due to excessive demand in over crowding? Rent seekers are out to destroy this country with ill thought out dogma, purely on grounds of self interest. I doubt if many in Sydney would approve. Complaints galore about falling living conditions already in abundance.
Tell me why doesn't Copenhagen or Oslo feel the need to double population to maintain service? Direct tax at those whom should pay their required amount but use avoidance strategies. No need to have teeming millions at all. A sell out of the worst possible measure.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 10:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, and there's me thinking there was something interesting to read here.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Damn, and there's me thinking there was something interesting to read here.
I just thought of a very simple solution. Start a thread that you do find interesting and we can despair or otherwise at that. So the fate of Australia's cities and impacts not of interest to you? Begs the question, why bother losing those few minutes of life, on reading something so uninteresting?
Old Sep 27th 2018, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well no. It only enriches rent seekers. Those being condo sellers, real estate cahoot, migration and banking industry, government coffers to some extent, but not with added demand on education, hospitals, roads, public transport, and most everything else.
Why should cities like Sydney go for numbers like a quarter of a million a year, when density, which indeed needs improving, but with planning, not Rio style, building due to excessive demand in over crowding? Rent seekers are out to destroy this country with ill thought out dogma, purely on grounds of self interest. I doubt if many in Sydney would approve. Complaints galore about falling living conditions already in abundance.
Tell me why doesn't Copenhagen or Oslo feel the need to double population to maintain service? Direct tax at those whom should pay their required amount but use avoidance strategies. No need to have teeming millions at all. A sell out of the worst possible measure.
Denmark already has one of the highest income tax rates in the world which pay for its pension system. It also highlights major challenges in sustaining its pension system as the elderly live longer and have already increased the retirement age to help combat this. Who knows what they will come up with next but they need to come up with something soon.

Obviously one of Australia's strategies is to increase population and with Australia's economy going very well and unemployment at historic lows, it's the right time to do this. Denmark doesn't have the luxury of low unemployment and a good economy.

I would not worry about population growth and Sydney if I was you. Infrastructure development is booming after years of ALP neglect. I would be more concerned about Melbourne which has a higher population growth rates and a government who doesn't want to or can't spend money on infrastructure. A metro that goes no where and a few level crossing removals is not enough sadly.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 1:53 am
Just Joined

annakieu193 is an unknown quantity at this point

Times are a changing round here.