Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Universities

Wikiposts

Australian Universities

Old May 11th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future
Question Australian Universities

Does anyone know how this works regarding fees.
In the UK I've kind of lost touch as I graduated in 1994.
I hear of UK students leaving Uni with £25k debts.
Is the Australian system any different?
Thanks
Dave
Old May 11th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Universities

Originally Posted by Chipster
Does anyone know how this works regarding fees.
In the UK I've kind of lost touch as I graduated in 1994.
I hear of UK students leaving Uni with £25k debts.
Is the Australian system any different?
Thanks
Dave
You can pay your fees as you go if you have the money and I think you then get a discount of about 20%. You can defer your fees to Hecs, and I think the cost of an average undergrad degree would be around $7k per annum. But it would be a lot more for medical degrees.
Old May 11th 2008, 9:22 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

You will get the info here
http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/Home.htm

If you are talking to the uni's dont be afraid to double check the info you are given. They get confused between PR visa holders and international students ALOT.
Also commonwealth places are not agiven so dont assume you get one automatically
Old May 12th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by seang
You will get the info here
http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/Home.htm

If you are talking to the uni's dont be afraid to double check the info you are given. They get confused between PR visa holders and international students ALOT.
Also commonwealth places are not agiven so dont assume you get one automatically
Thanks for the link.