Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Pink Floyd

Australian Pink Floyd

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:31 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Australian Pink Floyd

Off to see them in Glasgow on Friday night and I can't wait.

Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary but it's also our little one's 5th birthday so we're getting out on Friday to celebrate.

Aus Pink Floyd was the first gig we ever went to together, haven't seen them since so REALLY looking forward to it.

Of course, we're topping it off with a show the next day for the kids too - The Bratz Live At least we should be chilled out after the night before's show
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:56 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian Pink Floyd

Originally Posted by herrchook
Off to see them in Glasgow on Friday night and I can't wait.

Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary but it's also our little one's 5th birthday so we're getting out on Friday to celebrate.

Aus Pink Floyd was the first gig we ever went to together, haven't seen them since so REALLY looking forward to it.

Of course, we're topping it off with a show the next day for the kids too - The Bratz Live At least we should be chilled out after the night before's show
I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd in Kent, UK a few years back, very good they were too.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:29 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd in Kent, UK a few years back, very good they were too.
I saw them in Liverpool. They did the whole of Dark Side of The Moon, and it was brilliant! The audience were well up for it. The OZ Pink Floyd at that time had the real Pink Floyds lighting guy as part of their crew, so they put on quite a good stage show, with an inflateable kangaroo instead of the pig etc. Brilliant show with great backing singers too. Roger Waters was here recently, and I could not go and see him, it pains me to think about it, but I calm myself by saying its ok, you saw the Australian Pink Floyd. It kind of helps...

You will have a great time, they are fab!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:33 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
I saw them in Liverpool. They did the whole of Dark Side of The Moon, and it was brilliant! The audience were well up for it. The OZ Pink Floyd at that time had the real Pink Floyds lighting guy as part of their crew, so they put on quite a good stage show, with an inflateable kangaroo instead of the pig etc. Brilliant show with great backing singers too. Roger Waters was here recently, and I could not go and see him, it pains me to think about it, but I calm myself by saying its ok, you saw the Australian Pink Floyd. It kind of helps...

You will have a great time, they are fab!
Oh and happy wedding anniversary!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by C&R
Ta very much, I didn't think I'd told anyone ... oh, you meant herrchook Yeh, very many happy thingies to him and his too!

BTW, I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd in a very small venue in Kent so there was barely enough room for an inflatable possum, let alone kangaroo ... the sound was awesome though ... nothing to rival The Real Pink Floyd at Earls Court though (as captured on the Pulse DVD).

Also saw them at Knebworth in 1990 but left before they finished ... I was young and yet to have my first toke, that's my excuse ...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:10 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
Cheers mate, def looking forward to it
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:19 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Ta very much, I didn't think I'd told anyone ... oh, you meant herrchook Yeh, very many happy thingies to him and his too!...
I'm a she

BTW, I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd in a very small venue in Kent so there was barely enough room for an inflatable possum, let alone kangaroo ... the sound was awesome though ...
We saw them on the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow - teeeny wee venue and I agree the atmosphere was cracking...[/quote]

nothing to rival The Real Pink Floyd at Earls Court though (as captured on the Pulse DVD)....
My OH was at that gig too, says it was amazing.

Also saw them at Knebworth in 1990 but left before they finished ... I was young and yet to have my first toke, that's my excuse ...
lol, both times I was in labour I was playing Pink Floyd CDs and out of my head on Diamorphine. OH said it looked like I was having a great time and I have to admit, Comfortably Numb has never sounded so good. On hearing about this, a friend of ours was in stitches said he'd have paid a fortune to get so off his head listening to PF and all legally too

Gill
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Have heard that they are really good, even that they are better than the real thing but that was from someone who hasn't even been to see the real thing so what would they know ? (they saw them in Lpool last year)

I myself haven't been to see them but have seen the real Pink Floyd at Maine Road Manchester - Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour 1989 and again the following year in Paris - Delicate Sound of Thunder Tour (the tour promoting the live album which was recorded on the tour the year before !)
and went to see Roger Waters at the MEN Arena a couple of years ago.

Andy
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:41 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by cadman
Have heard that they are really good, even that they are better than the real thing but that was from someone who hasn't even been to see the real thing so what would they know ? (they saw them in Lpool last year)

I myself haven't been to see them but have seen the real Pink Floyd at Maine Road Manchester - Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour 1989 and again the following year in Paris - Delicate Sound of Thunder Tour (the tour promoting the live album which was recorded on the tour the year before !)
and went to see Roger Waters at the MEN Arena a couple of years ago.

Andy
Oh, you lucky so & so. I'd love to see the real thing
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, you lucky so & so. I'd love to see the real thing
The thing is, I keep going to see these bands thinking it might be the last chance to see them, and then they keep coming back !

I've also seen The Eagles twice and Lynyrd Skynyrd, another band I never thought I'd get to see in the flesh.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:53 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by cadman
The thing is, I keep going to see these bands thinking it might be the last chance to see them, and then they keep coming back !

I've also seen The Eagles twice and Lynyrd Skynyrd, another band I never thought I'd get to see in the flesh.
Know what you mean, they're all at it now. We're hoping to see The Police when they reform later this year
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:20 am
Account Closed

I'm a she

We saw them on the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow - teeeny wee venue and I agree the atmosphere was cracking...

My OH was at that gig too, says it was amazing.

lol, both times I was in labour I was playing Pink Floyd CDs and out of my head on Diamorphine. OH said it looked like I was having a great time and I have to admit, Comfortably Numb has never sounded so good. On hearing about this, a friend of ours was in stitches said he'd have paid a fortune to get so off his head listening to PF and all legally too

Gill
Sorry Gill, I did consider a he/she posting but I just couldn't be bothered and made an assumption

Can I assume that you didn't give The Final Cut a go during labour? In fact, the whole of 'The Wall' would be a bit of a ... er ... stretch.

Anywho, I can also recommend the following bands if you haven't heard 'em: The Flaming Lips, Spiritualised, The Beta Band, Grandaddy and Mercury Rev.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Roger waters did the wall here recently at Rod Laver, couldn't go as no sitters.

seen Floyd 5 times, be interesting to hear what they are like.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

W saw them in Cairns and I fell asleep! I swear half the people there were off their faces and really getting into it

Mandy
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
W saw them in Cairns and I fell asleep! I swear half the people there were off their faces and really getting into it

Mandy
Nice to know that at least some bands play in Cairns !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.