Old Oct 26th 2011, 9:01 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian hospitality

Originally Posted by furbacchione
Guess I grew up in better neighbourhoods than you
Oh undoubtedly. You simply ooze class.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 9:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Tiddles are you feeling bitchy today
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Tiddles are you feeling bitchy today
No, why would you read 'bitchy' into that? I was being perfectly genuine.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Oct 26th 2011 at 11:15 am. Reason: Had to add the 'winky' ...
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No, why would you read 'bitchy' into that? I was being perfectly genuine.
Exactly
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

jg2802 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The most friendly, courteous and helpful nation that I have ever been to is the US
That's because all of their jobs are tip/commission based
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Since I got here I've found this place to be a country of contradictions.

They say they're laid back but get them in a situation where they feel they're "anonymous" and they can be down right nasty and seem to revel in it.

They say they love service but finding one that will give service of any kind is near impossible

They say they hate telemarketers but this place is inundated with them.

They say they hate door to door sales but the door to door ****ers are obnoxious and ignore the bugger off sign at the door.

They say they believe whole heartedly in giving a fare go but the prevailing feeling here is one of you're guilty till you prove yourself innocent and or they're quick to try and rip another off in business.

They say they're honest but I'd say that the average aussie doesn't feel that petty theft or lying is wrong...

Could go on but I'm bored of this already.
That's the whole country then? Wow!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:59 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

I hope not. Otherwise I'd be letting all my adoring fans down
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:04 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's the whole country then? Wow!
I'm sure there are a couple exceptions but I was excluding you and I
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Since I got here I've found this place to be a country of contradictions.

They say they're laid back but get them in a situation where they feel they're "anonymous" and they can be down right nasty and seem to revel in it.

They say they love service but finding one that will give service of any kind is near impossible

They say they hate telemarketers but this place is inundated with them.

They say they hate door to door sales but the door to door ****ers are obnoxious and ignore the bugger off sign at the door.

They say they believe whole heartedly in giving a fare go but the prevailing feeling here is one of you're guilty till you prove yourself innocent and or they're quick to try and rip another off in business.

They say they're honest but I'd say that the average aussie doesn't feel that petty theft or lying is wrong...

Could go on but I'm bored of this already.
Wow! All 22 million of them?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Wow! All 22 million of them?
Furbac's met them all.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Exactly
Can't anyone give a compliment these days?

Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jg2802
as opposed to the ever increasing minimum wage demanded here for doing largely bugger all.
i say make them work for tips here, not expectations. Soon it'll be too expensive for companies to hire the extra members of staff - see what impact that has on the customers.

having said that I find hospitality generally no worse or better than most other places, with the exception of USA where people (including non-tipping industries) seem to go out of their way to help you.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:40 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jg2802
Sure, customer service in the US is generally good, but I was referring to people in general.

It's a very friendly and hospitable nation.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

We have no problem at all with Australian hospitality. We regularly go round other people's house and they come to ours. You occasionally get the odd person who says "you must come to dinner one night" but doesn't follow it up with an invitation but then again I can be guilty of that too.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:31 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I really don't get the convention of taking your own food/nibbles & drink to a gathering or even to a BYO restaurant & sticking to it, not sharing. I found this at mothers' group & children's parties too - bake some little cakes to take along then you are given your own leftovers to take home. Possibly better than it being thrown in the bin once you've left tho I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.