Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian "fee free" credit cards

Australian "fee free" credit cards

Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:36 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute
Question Australian "fee free" credit cards

I've just been stung by Westpac (again) with their "no annual fee" credit card.

For the past few months I've been calling up Westpac to complain that there are "purch fee's" on my monthly statement. Only a small amount, but aren't they supposed to offer 55 days interest free use? They keep removing it saying it's either a "bank error" or they're doing me a big favour for removing it 'just this once'. After today's phone call complaint it seems that it's normal for CC companies in this country to charge interest for using them. Even the no annual fee ones. Is it a 'special' kind of interest that I'm being shafted for? When they say interest free for 55 days, do they mean only certain kinds of interest?

Has any one else got a no annual fee CC? If you pay the balance off with every new statement, do you get stung as well?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian "fee free" credit cards

I also have a WestPac cc.............no hidden fees on mine.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an ANZ credit card, no annual fees, I've never used it in all the time we've been here. I only have it in case of an emergency.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cresta57
I have an ANZ credit card, no annual fees, I've never used it in all the time we've been here. I only have it in case of an emergency.
I use mine a lot now.............trying to beat the banks at their own game.
Pay for most thinngs on credit card, keep the interest on my dosh, and repay the credit card at the end of the 45 days
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:12 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

They keep advertizing the Wizard one on the radio but haven't had it myself... has anyone else tried it?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:30 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

we have a Commonwealth one - no hidden fees like that but there is an annual fee of £24. Virgin do a fee free one which I am going to look into.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:18 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
I've just been stung by Westpac (again) with their "no annual fee" credit card.

For the past few months I've been calling up Westpac to complain that there are "purch fee's" on my monthly statement. Only a small amount, but aren't they supposed to offer 55 days interest free use? They keep removing it saying it's either a "bank error" or they're doing me a big favour for removing it 'just this once'. After today's phone call complaint it seems that it's normal for CC companies in this country to charge interest for using them. Even the no annual fee ones. Is it a 'special' kind of interest that I'm being shafted for? When they say interest free for 55 days, do they mean only certain kinds of interest?

Has any one else got a no annual fee CC? If you pay the balance off with every new statement, do you get stung as well?
So you are paying it off in full every month and they are still charging you interest? That is awful.... there should be no excuse. fee free means no annual fee and interest free should mean no interest if you have paid the card off in full each month...

Doesn't make sense to me! I'd be really angry too
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest u put your complaint in writing, and letting them know if it happens once more you will:

- charge them an administration fee of $100 for each time you have to contact them regarding this, which if not paid within 21 days, an interest rate of xx% daily will be added.

- that you intend to contact the relevant ombudsman

- that you will also go to the press/60 mins whoever

Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:36 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a Virgin Credit Card....no fees at all its great....also have a NAB Amex card which is tied up with Virgin Velocity so get free flights on it, but Amex do have an annual fee
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:47 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by biggy
We have a Virgin Credit Card....no fees at all its great....
it's in my wallet too
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by gedge
it's in my wallet too

o i u steal my CC whit colour is it??
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:56 pm

o i u steal my CC whit colour is it??
it had to to be the black one, bet you've got the pink'un
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:58 pm

it had to to be the black one, bet you've got the pink'un

naw ave got a red wan....had to get the same colour as hubby cos he is the primary card holder and he didnae want pink for some strange reason.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:00 pm

naw ave got a red wan....had to get the same colour as hubby cos he is the primary card holder and he didnae want pink for some strange reason.
we could choose diff colours when we applied, so pink for her and black for me
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:12 pm

we could choose diff colours when we applied, so pink for her and black for me

o i no fair i had to take the same bloody colour...thats it I want an orange one lol whether they make it or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.