Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Christmas cake......

Australian Christmas cake......

Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:22 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Christmas cake......

CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE.
Ingredients:

* 2 cups flour
* 1 stick butter
* 1 cup of water
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* Lemon juice
* 4 large eggs
* Nuts
* 2 bottles wine of quality red wine.
* 2 cups of dried fruit
* 2 tsp mixed spice [optional]

Sample the wine to check quality
Take a large bowl, check the wine again.
To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer.
Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the wine is still OK
Try another cup... Just in case

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner.. If the fried
druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the wine to check for tonsisticity
Next, sift two cups of salt. Or
something. Check the wine.
Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Finally, throw the bowl through the
window. Finish the wine and wipe counter with the cat.
Go to shops and buy cake.

Bingle Jells!

Author unknown

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Nov 11th 2011 at 7:31 am.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Christmas cake......

Keith Floyd
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:56 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Keith Floyd
Aye.......rest his soul

He always drank more than he put in he food. man after me own heart
Old Nov 11th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 11th 2011, 2:21 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Keith Floyd
My hero. I loved it when he was on a boat and lobbed a packet of fish fingers over the side, describing them as unidentified frying objects.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 2:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

The best christmas cake is a T bone steak.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:55 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Keith Floyd
My claim to fame.I told him to" Put that fish down and F##k off Floyd"when he turned up unannounced with a film crew.
I was an auctioneer on a fish quay at the time and he had his hands on my very expensive salmon I was about to sell.
He just barged in and held it aloft.
When I shouted at him he was gobsmacked and flustered.
He gave it the old "do you know who I am?"
With that all the fisherman and buyers started an enthusiastic chant of " f##k off Floyed" Keith and his crew made a hasty escape running the gauntlet in the process.
Happy days
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
The best christmas cake is a T bone steak.

Indeed it is!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:59 pm
221b Baker Street

Indeed it is!
I'm having one tonight as it happens.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ukecadet
My claim to fame.I told him to" Put that fish down and F##k off Floyd"when he turned up unannounced with a film crew.
I was an auctioneer on a fish quay at the time and he had his hands on my very expensive salmon I was about to sell.
He just barged in and held it aloft.
When I shouted at him he was gobsmacked and flustered.
He gave it the old "do you know who I am?"
With that all the fisherman and buyers started an enthusiastic chant of " f##k off Floyed" Keith and his crew made a hasty escape running the gauntlet in the process.
Happy days

I'm having one tonight as it happens.
was the cake good? did you have it with any sauce?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:15 am
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

was the cake good? did you have it with any sauce?
It were very good indeedyo. No sauce, I like my meat plain.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:19 am

It were very good indeedyo. No sauce, I like my meat plain.
steak with no peppercorn sauce aint worth eatin

and a salad....and fat crispy battered chips......
Old Nov 12th 2011, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

steak with no peppercorn sauce aint worth eatin

and a salad....and fat crispy battered chips......

Schleeeeup! Peppercorn sauce.

Do you have a low carb recipe?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:13 pm

Schleeeeup! Peppercorn sauce.

Do you have a low carb recipe?
low carb
Old Nov 12th 2011, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

low carb

It can be done. I'll find one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.