Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian beer

My current tipple ...

yum.
Attached Thumbnails Australian beer-feral-white.gif  
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Fat Yak's our tipple of choice at present and at $6 a pint I'm not complaining at the price either
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried a pint of that before the Force game last week ... not too shabby. $7.20 here tho' ... Mind you it was in the Vic, Subiaco ... thieves.

Originally Posted by spottydog
Fat Yak's our tipple of choice at present and at $6 a pint I'm not complaining at the price either
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Jeeeez £3 a pint............cheap !!

Think i need to do some more research on this subject
Is that the going rate then in the pubs / hotels over there? I have only looked on the bottle shop web pages and the like and seen the average crate / slab box of beer is around the $30 mark ??

Dougie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
I have only looked on the bottle shop web pages and the like and seen the average crate / slab box of beer is around the $30 mark ??

Dougie
Not for stuff you would actually want to drink....more like $40 or $50 a case.

About $10 a pint for anything decent in much of Brisbane.....most pubs do not serve pint measures.

G
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:37 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeeez £3 a pint............cheap !!

Think i need to do some more research on this subject
Is that the going rate then in the pubs / hotels over there? I have only looked on the bottle shop web pages and the like and seen the average crate / slab box of beer is around the $30 mark ??

Dougie
$6 is actually £2.65 (at today's exchange rate ) a pint, which is not that bad..
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:44 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
$6 is actually £2.65 (at today's exchange rate ) a pint, which is not that bad..
O yeah the exchange rate has lept up .25 since i last looked

Anyway in my eyes thats not that cheap for a pint !

And Grayling 45$ for a case thats a bit of a difference since i looked also

O well theres just certain things that are a must on the wekly shopping list i belive

Dougie
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:37 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not for stuff you would actually want to drink....more like $40 or $50 a case.

About $10 a pint for anything decent in much of Brisbane.....most pubs do not serve pint measures.

G
Pale ale still $4.20 in Adelaide, cheaper during happy hour..........mm
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

baggies is an unknown quantity at this point

6 dollars a pint, thats quite expensive isnt it.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/wink.gif
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

Please Explain ??

This is a subject close to my heart What you on about halves and pints

Dougie
NSW measures mate

you don't get good old UK imperial pints and half pints in Aus! (Well you do if you ask nicely and they have the glasses behind the bar!)

Roughly speaking the the NSW equivalent of a pint (in the sense that it's commonly ordered as you would do a "pint" here when approaching the bar!) is a "schooner". I don't know the exact measurement but i'd reckon it's about 3/4 of a UK pint.

As for a middie....don't humiliate yourself by asking for one....probably a decent mouthful and that's it (less than a UK half pint)! :-p

Schooners are ok, I found drinking a UK pint in the heat is not much fun, by the time it's guzzled it's warm, the schooner tends to stay cold enough for you to drink it that way!.

It's nice to have the odd nostalgia moment with a good old UK imperial pint from time to time though!

:-D

I've just found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_beer

Shows the true measures used in each state at the bottom
Also different states call them different things, SA sells "pints and pots"
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Pints are the norm in our local pubs
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:21 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I'll drink anything as long as it's cold and wet..... including VB, and any other crap that comes out of the tap in the UK. AND I don't care what size glass it comes in. I've drank rank home brew wine out of a water pistol, and vodka and beans out of a pint glass (dont ask), so pretty much anything else is better

No stop being a bunch of whining poms and get drinking.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

O yeah the exchange rate has lept up .25 since i last looked

Anyway in my eyes thats not that cheap for a pint !

And Grayling 45$ for a case thats a bit of a difference since i looked also

O well theres just certain things that are a must on the wekly shopping list i belive

Dougie http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...07/13_4_91.gif
IMHO Beer is more expensive in Aus (cf UK) wine is cheaper.

You can find exceptions to this rule but your tastebuds won't thank you
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

The wildlife seems to like Aussie beers....
Attached Thumbnails Australian beer-pic23112.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I reckon that Carlton is a crime against humanity. I really don't like the metalish aftertaste.

I've found that Tasman is cheap and drinkable - although I found it strange when I didn't see it at all in Tasmania then I found out why - it's brewed in Victoria despite boasting being made of fine Tasmanian ingrediants.

I've started brewing my own. I'm thinking that next time I'm in the UK I'll bring back a can of brewgoo which I will be able to make into 20 litres of the stuff. Better than the hassle of trying to carry that much british beer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.