Wikiposts

Australian beer

Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Australian beer

Is there anyone here who likes Australian beer? Or, am I perhaps the only one? I can understand why you may compare Tooheys and VBs with shite and piss, but doing the same with Hahn Premium, Crown Lager or Cascade Premium will just be stretching it a bit too much.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian beer

Originally Posted by caliburn
Is there anyone here who likes Australian beer? Or, am I perhaps the only one? I can understand why you may compare Tooheys and VBs with shite and piss, but doing the same with Hahn Premium, Crown Lager or Cascade Premium will just be stretching it a bit too much.
all equally nasty
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
I like Blue Tongue at the minute.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I like Blue Tongue at the minute.
Is that from drinking Australian beer?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Tooheys Dark Ale not bad,but yes mostly shite,especially West End!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:06 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

It's the measurements that annoy me.

Even though I turned eighteen while living in Australia - so my alcoholic introduction was here - I simply cannot bring myself to order a 'schooner' or a 'middy'.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

James Squire - Golden Ale is your friend.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cascade Premium is lager, not beer - and as long as you drink the real stuff and not the light version its probably the best lager you'll get in Aus.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:30 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie beer is fine...

Believe me the worst beer I have ever drank in oz (VB = heartburn) is a damn sight better than anything I ever drank in the UK from a tap.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Coopers Pale is just nectar.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:08 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH
It's the measurements that annoy me.

Even though I turned eighteen while living in Australia - so my alcoholic introduction was here - I simply cannot bring myself to order a 'schooner' or a 'middy'.
You don't need to....they do know what Pints and half-pints are, you know....

....and most of the bar tenders are British anyway
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:11 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I think most Aussie larger/beer is good.

I love Beez Neez...

You can really taste the honey in it (if you don't drink it that often that is)

I also like Pure Blonde
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

Regardless of what country you're in, if you're drinking beer from a large brewer owned by one of the conglomerates ('Fosters-Carlton and United' in Australia who owns most of the known Aussie brands) or multi-nationals (e.g. Anheuser-InBev, SABMiller, MolsonCoors, Diageo etc.), who care more about market share or "easy drinking lager" than they do about brewing, than the beer is probably going to be crap.

There are some great craft/micro-breweries (or as they say in Australia and NZ, "boutique breweries") and brewpubs in many countries - if you stick to only drinking beer from them no matter what country you're in, it will be superior to most of the no-taste beer that the major brands spits out.

Last edited by torcraw; Feb 22nd 2009 at 5:11 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:02 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SNH
- I simply cannot bring myself to order a 'schooner' or a 'middy'.

Please Explain ??

This is a subject close to my heart What you on about halves and pints

Dougie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I think most Aussie larger/beer is good.

I love Beez Neez...

You can really taste the honey in it (if you don't drink it that often that is)

I also like Pure Blonde
Got to say I agree that I thought it was good too - even paid over the top the other Xmas on getting some VB and Tooheys New in! Compared to the tosh here, I think its good...

Then again, had some Granville Island Honey Lager in Vanouver in August - Oh man, now thats what I'm talking about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.