Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian bands of merit worth a mention?

Australian bands of merit worth a mention?

Old May 16th 2006, 10:25 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Australian bands of merit worth a mention?

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Nope BUT with trousers as tight as that it's easy to spot his camel-toe just using my peripheral vision...
you can't look at them straight on anyway, you'll get blinded by the teeth!
Old May 16th 2006, 10:26 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Were they born in the UK or in Australia?
Old May 16th 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!
35 posts and not one mention of the Bee Gees!

thought they were born on the Isle of Man?
Old May 16th 2006, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

so do most of the blokes in those special bars on the other side of town, so I've been told

What you trying to say
Old May 16th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like the BG's - I do 'the' dance when a song of theirs comes on in the car - I Really know how to embarrass the kids lol
Old May 16th 2006, 10:34 pm

I was waiting for the pendantics "they weren't born here".
Old May 16th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was waiting for the pendantics "they weren't born here".
Well you should have shouted 'hey Sarah the Pedantic? where are you?' you don't have to wait in vain for me Gedge - you know that
Old May 16th 2006, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well you should have shouted 'hey Sarah the Pedantic? where are you?' you don't have to wait in vain for me Gedge - you know that
Are you sure you're who you say you are?
You didn't pick up on my typo.
Old May 16th 2006, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I actually watched the program on tv last night and I said to OH - they would find it difficult to have the top 100 Ozzie bands wouldn't they - I am surprised they managed the top 10 to be truthful - in my opinion INXs are about the best band to have come out of here - when MH was the singer of course. Powder finger are OK - and the one and only J farnam song I knew is the only one I like lol - who is this guy anyhow - 1 big hit worldwide and he is some sort of icon....
Old May 16th 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you sure you're who you say you are?
You didn't pick up on my typo.

ha ha - still have sleep in my eye Gedge - give me time - anyhow - don't want to upset too many peeps - trying to be a good girl today
Old May 16th 2006, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by sasbear
ha ha - still have sleep in my eye Gedge - give me time - anyhow - don't want to upset too many peeps - trying to be a good girl today
that's alright, I'm so used to Hels giving me hell, I can't get used to this new found freedom
you carry on being a good girl
Old May 16th 2006, 11:35 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought that Australia is a bit starved of decent music bands BUT I am willing to be proven wrong...

There's the obvious ones like Midnight Oil (quite good), INXS (good in their day), Nick Cave (completely bonkers) and AC/DC (hmmm....?).

Rolf Harris doesn't count and I'm pretty sure that Crowded House is Kiwi in origin, so thinking hats on please...
Crowded house were half Kiwi, half Australian (before the drummer killed himself that is )
Old May 17th 2006, 1:31 am
Tell it like it is'er

Scorpio1 will become famous soon enough

The Living End are fantastic & Little Birdy are pretty good. Silverchair's 'Diorama' was a great album.

That's about it - it's mainly laidback 'wanna be American' type music otherwise (Pete Murray, Alex Lloyd, John Butler, Missy Higgins, Ben Lee, Aussie Idol rejects etc. - boy, are most of them ugly too!)
Old May 17th 2006, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

Rogue Traders - not too bad (lots & lots of punky/New Wave influences).

The Cockroaches - from whose ashes The Wiggles rose.........
Old May 17th 2006, 7:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't say "Jet" were crap. Can you see them in the exhaustive list?

I've never heard of them though so I'll reserve judgement as they are probably crap...
The Vines aren't in the exhaustive lise either ? In fact most of Perth's best bands aren't in the list either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.