Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia for the World Cup!

Wikiposts

Australia for the World Cup!

Old May 16th 2006, 12:34 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Australia CAN beat Brasil, whether they WILL in the 2006 World Cup finals is another matter!
Thats like saying that you could get hit by a bus so you better put clean pants on. It is highly unlikely but it is possible.
Come on mate, shape up. Brasil are going to smash Australia and go on to have a very good world cup and quite possibly win.
This thread is almost as funny as the west ham one the day before the cup final.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Australia CAN beat Brasil, whether they WILL in the 2006 World Cup finals is another matter!
Yeah, and there is a similar probability that all the air in your room will assemble in one corner, but that ain't going to happen in 2006 either.

Stanton says that Aus will lose all of their matches.

In fact, the only question now is how often the ball will be hitting the back of the Oz net.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:41 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Pure class.
Speaking of pure class, be sure to get yourself a nice t-shirt, available in sports stores up and down the country alongside the football kit ..

Old May 16th 2006, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

In fact, the only question now is how often the ball will be hitting the back of the Oz net.
Nah, Australia can beat Japan and I'd have a bet on them doing it too.

Croatia will be tougher and I can't see them winning and Brazil will just be too strong, but they will probably play 11 behind the ball as many of the lesser teams did in the S.American qualifiers. Several teams have held Brazil to a draw recently with that tactic. Still uber unlikely win for Aus though.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:45 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippin lara
I've been working on a World Cup predictor with my daughter.

She's plumped for Australia to beat Brazil in the final (that's after also beating them in the group stages).

Does anyone want to join her in her optimism.

Australia for the Cup!

David
Is she Fraser in Disguise ?
Old May 16th 2006, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, Australia can beat Japan and I'd have a bet on them doing it too.

Croatia will be tougher and I can't see them winning and Brazil will just be too strong, but they will probably play 11 behind the ball as many of the lesser teams did in the S.American qualifiers. Several teams have held Brazil to a draw recently with that tactic. Still uber unlikely win for Aus though.
Get a grip. This is not cricket, swimming or rugby, this is THE game and in it Oz is very much an also-ran.

They will lose to Japan, Croatia and Brazil. Even a basic review of the odds support that position. The result could be catastrophic for Oz; it will go into mourning, the A$ will plummet and counselling will have to be made freely available.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:01 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Michael, I'll take a $1000 off of you on that one.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:01 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

The result could be catastrophic for Oz; it will go into mourning, the A$ will plummet and counselling will have to be made freely available.
What will the state of the lettuce futures market be?
Old May 16th 2006, 1:12 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Michael, I'll take a $1000 off of you on that one.
You're not singing anymore, you're... not singing...anymore.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Get a grip. This is not cricket, swimming or rugby, this is THE game and in it Oz is very much an also-ran.

They will lose to Japan, Croatia and Brazil. Even a basic review of the odds support that position. The result could be catastrophic for Oz; it will go into mourning, the A$ will plummet and counselling will have to be made freely available.
Actually checked 2 betting sites and Japan are most likely to lose the group! Also Australia winning the WC is 100/1 and Japan 150/1. However I wouldn't put a single $ on Australia even at 100/1!

As to your previous comment about Aus LOSING all 3 games. Nah!
Old May 16th 2006, 1:24 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Actually checked 2 betting sites and Japan are most likely to lose the group! Also Australia winning the WC is 100/1 and Japan 150/1. However I wouldn't put a single $ on Australia even at 100/1!

As to your previous comment about Aus LOSING all 3 games. Nah!
I love football. It is one of my few passions. I also love living here in the lucky country but I am not stupid enough to be deluded just because I live here.
Australia will probably beat Japan, if they do not then they might aswel get on the plane home right away. But this will be their only win of the three WC games they will get to play. They will not proceed out of the group, that honour will fall to Brazil and Croatia.
Enjoy your WC whoever you are backing but please do not insult anyones intelligence with talk of Australia beating Brazil or - Heaven forbid - Winning the world cup.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I love football. It is one of my few passions. I also love living here in the lucky country but I am not stupid enough to be deluded just because I live here.
Australia will probably beat Japan, if they do not then they might aswel get on the plane home right away. But this will be their only win of the three WC games they will get to play. They will not proceed out of the group, that honour will fall to Brazil and Croatia.
Enjoy your WC whoever you are backing but please do not insult anyones intelligence with talk of Australia beating Brazil or - Heaven forbid - Winning the world cup.
Ummmm... what are you talking about? Nobody said Australia were going to beat Brazil or win the World Cup? Your second paragraph I agree with.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:41 am
Banned

Ummmm... what are you talking about? Nobody said Australia were going to beat Brazil or win the World Cup? Your second paragraph I agree with.
Australia CAN beat Brasil
Come on mate, no back tracking now.
Old May 16th 2006, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Come on mate, no back tracking now.
Ummm, once again I think you will find I said they CAN, but whether they WILL or not is another matter.

At this level any team CAN beat any other, with varying probability depending upon the teams! i.e. Australia beating England and Ecuador beating Brazil recently.
Old May 16th 2006, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm, once again I think you will find I said they CAN, but whether they WILL or not is another matter.

At this level any team CAN beat any other, with varying probability depending upon the teams! i.e. Australia beating England and Ecuador beating Brazil recently.

Invariably there is always an upset in most "cup" competitions, Happens in the FA cup every year. It's the nature of football. Last time round in the World cup it was Cameroon. Hiddinks South Korea was also a big suprise.

Alll those saying it wont be Aussie that provides this years suprise want to Kiss their lucky heather that it aint Trinidad and Tobago that provide it.

It's almost time to get out our lucky trophys, whether that be the lucky tatty old football shirt,that we have to wear on match day right down to the odd old socks that havn't been washed in 10 years because the last time we put them on accidently, their team produced a miracle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.