Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia for the World Cup!

Wikiposts

Australia for the World Cup!

Old May 15th 2006, 10:28 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia for the World Cup!

Australia may as well hang up their shirts now.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yes and that was a shocker, but lets face it, it won't happen again.
like Northern Ireland huh?
Old May 15th 2006, 11:16 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
like Northern Ireland huh?
Yes agreed that too was shite. So Scott will you be supporting England throughout the World Cup, are you English?
Old May 15th 2006, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yes agreed that too was shite. So Scott will you be supporting England throughout the World Cup, are you English?
I'm Australian mate, but have dual nationality. I'll support England once Australia get knocked out, although I fear that both England and Australia might be making an early exit!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:32 pm

I'm Australian mate, but have dual nationality. I'll support England once Australia get knocked out, although I fear that both England and Australia might be making an early exit!
It'll be interesting.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If Greece are champions of Europe then anything can happen.

I'm supporting Aussie and England, with as much heart as i can muster.

Personally I rate Aussies chances against Brazil, there again I'm an eternal optimist as is proved by my 35 year 'affliction' of supporting Palace.

As for getting through to the Quarters Aussie has 3 world class players, as do Japan and Croatia, Kewell, Cahill, and Bresciano, with Grella almost making the world class grade.... Note I've left Viduka of the list, as he is so hit and miss as not to be relied on. Chipperfeild, Culina, and Thompson, could/would also make most premiership teams squads.

So who knows

I just hope Brazil, think it will be as easy a stroll in the park as you Mike.
Self-delusion is a wonderful thing eh, ozzieeagle

Brazil will p*ss on Australia from a great height. I know it, you know it and the rest of the world knows it. Game over.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
As opposed to Sven Eriksson's explaination for England's exit in 2002 as "We did not use the advantage we had of playing with 11 against ten." What do you think Sven and his army of apologists are going to blame this time?
Who gives a toss. Sven spent far too much time playing away from home, concentrating on his ball skills and not England's.

E-n-g-l-a-n-d !
Old May 16th 2006, 12:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Who gives a toss. Sven spent far too much time playing away from home, concentrating on his ball skills and not England's.

E-n-g-l-a-n-d !
Spotted a typo - you missed out the 'e' and the 'r' between the 'g' and the 'l' Oh - and make sure you're pissed and throwing a chair at a fan from another country when you're chanting it ..
Old May 16th 2006, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Self-delusion is a wonderful thing eh, ozzieeagle

Brazil will p*ss on Australia from a great height. I know it, you know it and the rest of the world knows it. Game over.
In qualifiers Australia beat Uraguay I believe. Uraguay held Brazil to a draw TWICE. I don't think any game in the World Cup finals is a walk in the park as France found out last time!
Old May 16th 2006, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Spotted a typo - you missed out the 'e' and the 'r' between the 'g' and the 'l' Oh - and make sure you're pissed and throwing a chair at a fan from another country when you're chanting it ..
Mate, you're way out of touch. I was told yesterday that in Oz some schools have begun posting policemen at school matches to prevent the kids being attacked by the parents. So, it looks like the chairs and alcohol aren't even required.

Pure class.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:17 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

I am quite prepared to have $50 with anyone on the forum who thinks Australia can beat Brasil.
Put up or shut up.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:20 am

Everyone STFU and get on here.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

In qualifiers Australia beat Uraguay I believe. Uraguay held Brazil to a draw TWICE. I don't think any game in the World Cup finals is a walk in the park as France found out last time!
Many South American football players have fought their way-up from the gutter (or as near as) in a country where football is a religion. The selectors have the pick of the best.

Oz can't even begin to compete with such countries at any level. I mean this is the team that was beaten by Iran a few years ago - a team even my grandmother beat.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I am quite prepared to have $50 with anyone on the forum who thinks Australia can beat Brasil.
Put up or shut up.
Australia CAN beat Brasil, whether they WILL in the 2006 World Cup finals is another matter!
Old May 16th 2006, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Oz can't even begin to compete with such countries at any level. I mean this is the team that was beaten by Iran a few years ago - a team even my grandmother beat.
hehe. I know but it's nice to dream though!

Can you just imagine the humiliation. Ronaldihno would probably not want to go home, although he is unlikely to start the game anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.