British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Australia. Real Future or Banana State in Making? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/australia-real-future-banana-state-making-919253/)

Beoz Nov 28th 2018 7:18 pm

Re: Australia. Real Future or Banana State in Making?

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12601136)
What a day!

Adani to go ahead:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...-fund/10567848

RTIO's Koodaideri mine gets FID:
https://thewest.com.au/business/mini...ng-b881035360z

Fracking in parts of WA announced yesterday

Awesome news - Australia, China and India's poor masses the winners

Dig, dig and dig again

Yeehah!

2000 during construction of the Koodaideri mine. Sounds a bit light on. Is that just people on site? Does it include the supply chain?

Amazulu Nov 28th 2018 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12601198)
2000 during construction of the Koodaideri mine. Sounds a bit light on. Is that just people on site? Does it include the supply chain?

Seems about right - as much as possible is fabricated offsite

Beoz Nov 29th 2018 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12601240)
Seems about right - as much as possible is fabricated offsite

Design is off site too.

Good job numbers then.

Amazulu Nov 29th 2018 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12601497)
Design is off site too.

Worley Parsons are doing most of the design here in Perth

the troubadour Nov 29th 2018 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12601136)
What a day!

Adani to go ahead:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...-fund/10567848

RTIO's Koodaideri mine gets FID:
https://thewest.com.au/business/mini...ng-b881035360z

Fracking in parts of WA announced yesterday

Awesome news - Australia, China and India's poor masses the winners

Dig, dig and dig again

Yeehah!

Hey baas, too far ahead of yourself. Deep breath. Thankfully still a ways to go. Not all hurdles have ben cleared. Still Aboriginal court contest to get over, which will likely take months, knowing how courts operate. Unless you have other news on that front of course?

Jobs? Come now is the environmental vandalism worth the result? Only some 1,400 jobs would be full time. Not even sure if that number still applies, as the amount mined will be far less at 10 million tonnes, compared to the original 60 million tonnes planned.
Sounds to me to be a last ditch effort to get at least an early construction phase started, in order to prevent ALP from cancelling the entire. Call me dubious about if it will proceed.
Few jobs in Australia. India and China? Hardly going to bring exploited labour there any riches. Shareholders won't do bad though.

Then of course the bribe with billions of litres of free water allowed to be sucked out great artesian basin .

I expect ("honoured to be represent the mining industry") , Nice fat paid job lined up there, post Parliament no doubt , Matt Canavan, will be applauding with you. Not too many others that care about consequences of actions would be though.

Amazulu Nov 29th 2018 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12601776)
Hey baas, too far ahead of yourself. Deep breath. Thankfully still a ways to go. Not all hurdles have ben cleared. Still Aboriginal court contest to get over, which will likely take months, knowing how courts operate. Unless you have other news on that front of course?

Jobs? Come now is the environmental vandalism worth the result? Only some 1,400 jobs would be full time. Not even sure if that number still applies, as the amount mined will be far less at 10 million tonnes, compared to the original 60 million tonnes planned.
Sounds to me to be a last ditch effort to get at least an early construction phase started, in order to prevent ALP from cancelling the entire. Call me dubious about if it will proceed.
Few jobs in Australia. India and China? Hardly going to bring exploited labour there any riches. Shareholders won't do bad though.

Then of course the bribe with billions of litres of free water allowed to be sucked out great artesian basin .

I expect ("honoured to be represent the mining industry") , Nice fat paid job lined up there, post Parliament no doubt , Matt Canavan, will be applauding with you. Not too many others that care about consequences of actions would be though.

baas? Have it your way then Herman the German

Never forget that if it wasn't for the companies that own and operate mines and the people who work on them, passengers (sorry, public servants) like you wouldn't (couldn't) exist

Adani will get up (I never thought it would but looks like I was wrong) - Aboriginal groups always come round when their palms are crossed with silver (look at the indigenous people in Northern WA who are begging for fracking to happen in their areas)

We mine in Australia - that's what we do and we're f**king good at it

the troubadour Nov 29th 2018 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12601786)
baas? Have it your way then Herman the German

Never forget that if it wasn't for the companies that own and operate mines and the people who work on them, passengers (sorry, public servants) like you wouldn't (couldn't) exist

Adani will get up (I never thought it would but looks like I was wrong) - Aboriginal groups always come round when their palms are crossed with silver (look at the indigenous people in Northern WA who are begging for fracking to happen in their areas)

We mine in Australia - that's what we do and we're f**king good at it

WE allow others to mine our resources and rip us off in the process, big time. That's how Australia rolls. Not very good at it at all. Reason why the country , along with bad politics, doesn't have much in the kitty, after the biggest mining boom in its history.
Very unclear if Adani, will get off the ground. Corruption may wrangle it, but sounds very political too me, to pre empt ALP now probable victory. Still if does go ahead, hardly the massive job creation, but definite environmental vandalism.
Afraid vested interests have little roll to play in this. Don't worry, baas you'll likely still have employment so why egg on more environmental vandalism? Just cheer on the kids.....

Well deserved applause to the kids of Australia for leaving classrooms and protesting against climate change. Their future, already severely compromised in so many areas. Don't roll over kids, keep it up and take on other issues. Their future is too important to be compromised by politicians and big business.

Amazulu Nov 29th 2018 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12601819)
WE allow others to mine our resources and rip us off in the process, big time. That's how Australia rolls. Not very good at it at all. Reason why the country , along with bad politics, doesn't have much in the kitty, after the biggest mining boom in its history.
Very unclear if Adani, will get off the ground. Corruption may wrangle it, but sounds very political too me, to pre empt ALP now probable victory. Still if does go ahead, hardly the massive job creation, but definite environmental vandalism.
Afraid vested interests have little roll to play in this. Don't worry, baas you'll likely still have employment so why egg on more environmental vandalism? Just cheer on the kids.....

Well deserved applause to the kids of Australia for leaving classrooms and protesting against climate change. Their future, already severely compromised in so many areas. Don't roll over kids, keep it up and take on other issues. Their future is too important to be compromised by politicians and big business.

Herman the German - passenger activist

I bet the man is quaking in his hand-stitched leather shoes!

the troubadour Nov 30th 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12601855)
Herman the German - passenger activist

I bet the man is quaking in his hand-stitched leather shoes!

I do know, you know, you not really baas man but hey no matter. Just applaud the kids, shaking off passivity and getting active. Government man, Canavan thinks they should be in the class room, but clearly a few hours out on the streets, worth far more than class time lost. So yes, government man is quaking in boots, fear that a movement as this may grow, taking on board all sorts of progressive political stances, further putting on display the hatred for the flawed politics of the Coalition ruling elite and the powerful forces that direct the awfulness.
A failed budget, a few years back exposed, rather well , what this government had in stall for the young, none very good, in order to promote flawed ideology.
But not a word on defending the QLD project charade. I take it you've come to the realisation that the environmental degradation hardly worth the effort, for the sake of what would be a rather few jobs at the end of the day? Well thought out.

Amazulu Nov 30th 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12602381)
I do know, you know, you not really baas man but hey no matter. Just applaud the kids, shaking off passivity and getting active. Government man, Canavan thinks they should be in the class room, but clearly a few hours out on the streets, worth far more than class time lost. So yes, government man is quaking in boots, fear that a movement as this may grow, taking on board all sorts of progressive political stances, further putting on display the hatred for the flawed politics of the Coalition ruling elite and the powerful forces that direct the awfulness.
A failed budget, a few years back exposed, rather well , what this government had in stall for the young, none very good, in order to promote flawed ideology.
But not a word on defending the QLD project charade. I take it you've come to the realisation that the environmental degradation hardly worth the effort, for the sake of what would be a rather few jobs at the end of the day? Well thought out.

You keep banging on - unprompted - about the school pupil strike like I give a shit. I have no opinion on the matter - we live in a democracy and people should be able to say whatever the f**k they want, whatever their age Herman

The shite you write just proves what most of us on here already know - you are basically f**king mental

the troubadour Nov 30th 2018 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12602389)
You keep banging on - unprompted - about the school pupil strike like I give a shit. I have no opinion on the matter - we live in a democracy and people should be able to say whatever the f**k they want, whatever their age Herman

The shite you write just proves what most of us on here already know - you are basically f**king mental

Don't require prompting. Even the kids can see the ill effects resulting . But hey, baas wallah , mind the blood pressure and steam coming out of ears. Well noted you have not a single counter argument to those raised. On the ball and destroyed another falsehood of the mine at all costs brigade, to which you are a fully paid up member.
That's the trouble with democracy. Not like the 'good old days' back in the 'old country'.

Amazulu Nov 30th 2018 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12602432)
Don't require prompting. Even the kids can see the ill effects resulting . But hey, baas wallah , mind the blood pressure and steam coming out of ears. Well noted you have not a single counter argument to those raised. On the ball and destroyed another falsehood of the mine at all costs brigade, to which you are a fully paid up member.
That's the trouble with democracy. Not like the 'good old days' back in the 'old country'.

Debating (i'm using the term loosely here) with you Herman is like trying to debate with a Chimpanzee - basically pointless - and soul destroying. So I'm not going to bother, i'll leave it to Beoz and others

the troubadour Dec 1st 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12602434)
Debating (i'm using the term loosely here) with you Herman is like trying to debate with a Chimpanzee - basically pointless - and soul destroying. So I'm not going to bother, i'll leave it to Beoz and others

Ill equipped to, being the word. I expect the last Chimp, you attempted debate with gave you a sound verbal hiding as well. Pointless. Yes. Reason. An inability to address a single argument brought up against ill advised coal mining in QLD. How mean of mean to 'dampen' your enthusiasm. You know, instead of leaving it to 'others', fat lot of support name mentioned would be, but besides the point, you should be of the mind to be able to defend the stance you hold with a valid argument. In return that would involve addressing concerns I expressed , which is sometimes referred to as 'debate'. Hard I know. Practise on something less challenging than a Chimp. I'd love to throw you a few pointers, but hard to think exactly what might be appropriate. A slug perhaps?

Amazulu Dec 1st 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12602771)
Ill equipped to, being the word. I expect the last Chimp, you attempted debate with gave you a sound verbal hiding as well. Pointless. Yes. Reason. An inability to address a single argument brought up against ill advised coal mining in QLD. How mean of mean to 'dampen' your enthusiasm. You know, instead of leaving it to 'others', fat lot of support name mentioned would be, but besides the point, you should be of the mind to be able to defend the stance you hold with a valid argument. In return that would involve addressing concerns I expressed , which is sometimes referred to as 'debate'. Hard I know. Practise on something less challenging than a Chimp. I'd love to throw you a few pointers, but hard to think exactly what might be appropriate. A slug perhaps?

I rest my case

the troubadour Dec 1st 2018 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12602785)
I rest my case

You mean call it quits before falling further behind? Good move, klein baas.