Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - My honest opinions

Australia - My honest opinions

Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:28 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - My honest opinions

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Good for you. Just don't visit any clothing factories where such items are made, because if you have a concious, you will bawl your eyes out.
You know what, I actually dont care about your ignorant rantings anymore because you have no pedigree to be on this forum.
You crack on with your anti Brit rantings old son!!!
We are discussing ozzie vs brit issues because we are brits in oz, ex pats, a bit liek the title of the web site!! You do not need to defend Oz at all, this is just our musings and are relevant to us.
I won't tell you to 'if you don't liek it then f''' off' because then I would be doing exactly what the ozzies do when they here something against them that they dont like.
You could of course find another web site, I don't know, something like www.wehatebritsoverhere.com and then have a more appreciative audience. I would not join it myself because it is not my interest group and I would be violently opposed to most of the arguments!!
I suspect however that you just don't get the point of this whole forum let alone this one set of opinions, which ARE biased because we ARE expatriates....ahem...just like the site title!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

nickbrissy is an unknown quantity at this point

im still getting used to it over here, the things i love about oz are the fresh fruit and how cheap it is, cheaper petrol,better weather obviously,cinema to me seems cheaper over here, eating out seems cheap and the size of the portions are very good. being able to be outside all night having bbqs and drinking with friends.being able to jump in the car and go to the beach.

things i dont like are the cost of alcohol here it is so expensive, the fact that you cant buy alcohol at supermarkets. drivers over here are idiots, have never seen so many accidents til i moved here.internet and foxtel is more expensive then back home. grocery shopping seems more expensive to me.
fruitbats and possums but that is just cos of where we lived, next house we wont have that problem. also medical can be expensive having to pay for the doctor and prescriptions.

i have never had my bagged search and if i did i would make such a scene that they wouldnt ask me again.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
You know what, I actually dont care about your ignorant rantings anymore because you have no pedigree to be on this forum.
You crack on with your anti Brit rantings old son!!!
We are discussing ozzie vs brit issues because we are brits in oz, ex pats, a bit liek the title of the web site!! You do not need to defend Oz at all, this is just our musings and are relevant to us.
I won't tell you to 'if you don't liek it then f''' off' because then I would be doing exactly what the ozzies do when they here something against them that they dont like.
You could of course find another web site, I don't know, something like www.wehatebritsoverhere.com and then have a more appreciative audience. I would not join it myself because it is not my interest group and I would be violently opposed to most of the arguments!!
I suspect however that you just don't get the point of this whole forum let alone this one set of opinions, which ARE biased because we ARE expatriates....ahem...just like the site title!!
That will be enough of this type of post. Cut out the abuse or the thread will be closed. Whether you like it or not, BE welcomes members from everywhere.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:19 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That will be enough of this type of post. Cut out the abuse or the thread will be closed. Whether you like it or not, BE welcomes members from everywhere.
I don't see any abuse in that post. I do in some others but not that one
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Have you reported them?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Must agree really. My 'poor deluded fool' comment was probably more abusive, and I apologise for it.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:29 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you reported them?
I've never reported any post and I don't think I ever will
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:52 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Must agree really. My 'poor deluded fool' comment was probably more abusive, and I apologise for it.
No more abusive than Aussietobe calling people a whinging pom or a simpleton....

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Jan 14th 2010 at 1:55 am.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:09 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

abuse isn't simply "rude" words aimed at a person...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:22 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by copa
either way, I still don't see it in that particular post that was pulled up
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:23 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
How else can you abuse someone on an internet messageboard? I don't think it's possible to give someone a virtual punch.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
How else can you abuse someone on an internet messageboard? I don't think it's possible to give someone a virtual punch.
You can insult their intelligence ...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DeadVim
You can insult their intelligence ...
Only, if they had some in the first place.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Only, if they had some in the first place.
You really think 'abuse' can only be physical?

Are the school holidays still on?

Don't you have homework to do or something?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I'm struggling to see how you can abuse someone on an internet message board without using words.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.