Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:51 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sorry jen I tried to post the proper link yesterday and it just wouldnt work, hence my longwinded link which would now contain todays news.

Most news sites have a section where you can look up old articles and comments, its probably there somewhere.
k, tried that already, aw well lol
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Can someone post the full URL please as I can't find anything on that link above...

Found it http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,25927829-2,00.html

See if it works this time

Check Frank of Adelaide post 199 - LOL

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 14th 2009 at 9:34 am.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Found it http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,25927829-2,00.html

See if it works this time

Check Frank of Adelaide post 199 - LOL
Great, thanks, I happened upon that earlier actually but didn't take any notice...and didn't put two and two together when I saw ur thread, DOH ME! lol
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Comment 218 ?

"Looks like we have started to be like the Poms. "
Or woken up to the massive rip off which has taken place since around the turn of the century. Although other points such as the bogan culture and booze influenced society has been around,it would appear for ever.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
I don't think so. The thing which most surprised me about Aussies was that despite the larrikin image they were an extremely compliant bunch.

Brits are better at dissent by a mile.

Laid back also is a lot of shite. Overworked and mortgaged to the hilt was my impression,then I suppose I have a choice of residence.
In a nutshell yeah.Stress levels really quite high. Yes Brits are better at dissent but then the French even better.
Really feel Australia has had an easy run for a few decades now.It was easier to sell the myth at least when the product was competively priced but as countless others noted the shine has worn a little thin with poor return for money in recent years.
Good to see so many voicing dissent.Who cares what nation they are from,the message is out to stop treating people as mugs and add greater quality to the product at an acceptable price.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I lived in Oz 15yrs ago,and I can definately say yes it was a better place then!No binge drinking,crime was low,food/drink was cheap,kids were well behaved ect.We arrived way back in 1970 and it was the land of milk and honey then,so different than today!Shame I think!
Better in ways for sure but very monoculture,ignorant to the ways of the world,really awash in alcohol as boozing was part of every pursuit.
Even im told distance was quoited in how many slabs of beer could be consumed between a and b.the bogans of the time were called Ockers, bogans being more the youth ....also little tolerance towards different races...who were scarce on the ground back in those days anyway.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour

Good to see so many voicing dissent. Who cares what nation they are from,the message is out to stop treating people as mugs
With you 100%. In the past the lack of competition, pricing, service etc all aussies would do is defend with this was the " were the best in the world rant" " . Almost brainwahed

I guess the internet has started to give more aussies a taste of whats available overseas, the isolation from rest of world has started to crack and info is seeping in
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:08 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to put this on the other thread but somehow it fit's better here

Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:32 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Maybe OZ has been invaded by whinging poms over the past 10 years and thats made the country negative. OZ is the only western country to advoid a recession unlike the UK, l'm not saying OZ is the best country in the world to live in but its got to be somewhere in the top 10 or top 20.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:56 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

With you 100%. In the past the lack of competition, pricing, service etc all aussies would do is defend with this was the " were the best in the world rant" " . Almost brainwahed

I guess the internet has started to give more aussies a taste of whats available overseas, the isolation from rest of world has started to crack and info is seeping in
Bring back the isolation. I want to be able to buy good clothes again that fit, are comfortable and last. And talking of last, footwear made to my last. And talking of fit, plumbing fittings that fit. And so forth and so on ...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:16 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies attacking australia for being boring and expensive!! OMG never thougth I would see that day.
Why worry yourself about it, it'll all be perfect in Canada ...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hutch
Why worry yourself about it, it'll all be perfect in Canada ...

Why has it changed since we last lived there??
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Bring back the isolation. I want to be able to buy good clothes again that fit, are comfortable and last. And talking of last, footwear made to my last. And talking of fit, plumbing fittings that fit. And so forth and so on ...
Move then... 'cos despite all of Australia's plus points you won't find much of the stuff in your list here.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:24 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
you won't find much of the stuff in your list here.
Quite. Those foreigners must think they have discovered a new gold mountain in being able to off load all their manufacturing mistakes on Australia. They are doubly lucky that the Australian retail industry has had to accept being staffed by the der-brained dregs of the Australian workforce due to high labour demand.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Maybe OZ has been invaded by whinging poms over the past 10 years and thats made the country negative. OZ is the only western country to advoid a recession unlike the UK, l'm not saying OZ is the best country in the world to live in but its got to be somewhere in the top 10 or top 20.
Wait and see what happens when China bombs! Aus is going to be in a pretty hard place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.