Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Aussies are getting worried !

Wikiposts

The Aussies are getting worried !

Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:48 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Aussies are getting worried !

Anyone see the front cover of the Daily Telegraph (the Australian 'newspaper' that is - not the UK one) ?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I thought Northern Ireland was Gods Own Country?
It probably is. I just adopted it for the post.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Anyone see the front cover of the Daily Telegraph (the Australian 'newspaper' that is - not the UK one) ?
No but I see on the front of the online version Meg Ryan reveals why she split up with Russell Crowe
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:26 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No but I see on the front of the online version Meg Ryan reveals why she split up with Russell Crowe
It's okay - I'm over my outrage about it now. The headline was 'Britain robs us of a medal' - next to a photo of that cycling chick that broke her back last year and came second in some cycling event. The upshot of the article (though I only read the blurb on the front page while I was waiting for the lady to ring up my four pack of Red Bull) was that Team GB 'stole' a couple of aussie coaches - and it was this, and this alone, that denied the poor wee broken bint of the gold medal that was 'rightfully her's'.

And what soothed my outrage? I followed a link elsewhere to a Daily Mail story and discovered that their headline story was (and I quote) "Team GB adds another silver and two bronze... despite some dirty tricks from German rival." Apparently the German in question had 'tugged their leg' during an ocean swim (who in their right ****ing mind would swim in Chinese seas?). But in their horror at this knobbling, they seem to have got their wires crossed because later they have a headline that says, "British pair accuse Russian who took gold of dirty tricks." So which is she, kraut or sputnik?

Anyway - it reinforced what I always knew, which is that you can't blame the attitudes of the media on the people of a country. Just because some shitty Australian rag throws the rattle out of the pram - doesn't mean all aussies have - any more than the Daily Fail's similar story reflects on the Brits.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:46 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Anyway - it reinforced what I always knew, which is that you can't blame the attitudes of the media on the people of a country. Just because some shitty Australian rag throws the rattle out of the pram - doesn't mean all aussies have - any more than the Daily Fail's similar story reflects on the Brits.
Hutch do fook off and stop being logical I enjoy blaming the ockers
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold
Default Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd!!!

Wasn't it the Sydney Daily Telegraph that sneered 'is that all you've got' about Johnny Wilkinson before we won the Rugby World Cup?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I liked the comment about the pasty faced POMs not having a chance in the Rowing

And proceeded to give them a right pasting.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the Aussies are the worlds best at giving it.
They can't take it though. Enjoy the moment.

Fact.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:25 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You may be right. I've never heard the Gods Own comment anywhere but on here by disgruntled expats. No one has ever told me how lucky I am to be here, nor have I seen in real life any obsession with so called superiority. To be honest, I'm not aware of it in the media but maybe I listen and watch the wrong channels For this I am extremely grateful Oh and before anyone says it, neither have I had anyone wonder why I chose to live here
Blimey, I bet you speak with an aussie accent then.

Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:48 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Blimey, I bet you speak with an aussie accent then.

No, she's terribly English dahling. I had a cuppa with her the other week and not a hint of the ocker accent whatsoever.

I'm informed by a good Aussie mate that there's now a 'by-head-of-population' count done on medals - some newspaper or TV, and this proves the Aussies are the best ever and the pommies have lost.

Love it.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:54 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
No, she's terribly English dahling. I had a cuppa with her the other week and not a hint of the ocker accent whatsoever.

I'm informed by a good Aussie mate that there's now a 'by-head-of-population' count done on medals - some newspaper or TV, and this proves the Aussies are the best ever and the pommies have lost.

Love it.
It was kind of 'tongue in cheek' hun.

I read about that, but surely you have to go by how many athletes actually went to the games, which of course is alot more in the aussies case?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

The team's performance has Australia contesting third spot on the medal tally with Britain, and Coates said the friendly rivalry helps the Australian team as well.

He said he would not be giving up the prospect of finishing better than Britain until the final event is over.

"Never," he said. "My sense of pride says we can't let them beat us.

"They may well beat us this time but let's use that as the incentive to get the planning right for our high performance (program) and our attack on London in 2012 - our friendly attack."

Coates does concede that Britain has good prospects for more medals in the final week of the Games.
Was he not the guy who said that he was surprised that GB was winning,as GB was a country of " Few Swimming Pools and NO SOAP" Im sure it was Coates.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Another gold in the sailing
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Another gold in the sailing
GREAT NEWS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.