Aussie TV is sh$t

Old Aug 27th 2014, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Aussie TV is sh$t

At home with the flu - Aussie TV is the pits every channel is basically infomercials followed my more ads.

If there is one thing I miss from the UK is the TV.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 3:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie TV is sh$t

Originally Posted by sam&molly
At home with the flu - Aussie TV is the pits every channel is basically infomercials followed my more ads.

Agree but don't watch it

UK TV is so easy to.get here it's not funny
Old Aug 27th 2014, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree but don't watch it

UK TV is so easy to.get here it's not funny
The DVDs had got a dusting before my brain leaks out my ears.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The DVDs had got a dusting before my brain leaks out my ears.
Seriously, don't watch it. We only watch a bit of the ABC and SBS. 7, 9 and 10 are banned in my house - apart from sport. Everything else is streamed or downloaded. If it is broadcast in the US or UK, you can get it here with very little effort and expense

If I ever lived in the UK again there is no way that I would pay for a TV licence (an optional tax IMO anyway. No need to pay). Just use the streaming service that all the channels have
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have unlimited internet for $25 per month and we just use streaming TV box.Its awesome. You no longer need foxtel or any dish anymore.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by economy_1
We have unlimited internet for $25 per month and we just use streaming TV box.Its awesome. You no longer need foxtel or any dish anymore.
Awesome

This is how you do it
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Awesome

This is how you do it
We have a subscription to Prices & Packages - Select a Subscription that means we can stream UK.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Seriously, don't watch it. We only watch a bit of the ABC and SBS. 7, 9 and 10 are banned in my house - apart from sport. Everything else is streamed or downloaded. If it is broadcast in the US or UK, you can get it here with very little effort and expense

If I ever lived in the UK again there is no way that I would pay for a TV licence (an optional tax IMO anyway. No need to pay). Just use the streaming service that all the channels have
In all honesty we don't watch any Aussie terrestrial TV. Main reason is the long ad breaks which means a 90 min movie often take 3 or more hours. Also nothing starts on time. We prefer to buy DVDs or use our expat TV subscription and stream from the UK.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

We have a subscription to Prices & Packages - Select a Subscription that means we can stream UK.
BBC iplayer is the UK taxpayer's gift to the worls - they pay for it, we get it for free

Thanks Poms!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go near commercial TV in Oz. ..... rule no. 1 when emigrating.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 6:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Beoz
Don't go near commercial TV in Oz. ..... rule no. 1 when emigrating.
Unfortunately 9 have the cricket........
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

So you want to break the law in the UK, the license fee is payable if you have any device that could receive TV programmes, so, unless you just watch on a computer, then you have to pay a licence fee, any TV is capable of receiving pictures, so needs a licence. If everyone could, and did, stop paying the licence BBC would disappear, and therefore much of what you would want to watch would be no more.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mikelincs
So you want to break the law in the UK, the license fee is payable if you have any device that could receive TV programmes, so, unless you just watch on a computer, then you have to pay a licence fee, any TV is capable of receiving pictures, so needs a licence. If everyone could, and did, stop paying the licence BBC would disappear, and therefore much of what you would want to watch would be no more.
You are partly right - watching iplayer via a device (media streamer, PC etc) connected to a TV does not require the payment of a tax (licence fee), unless the content being streamed is live (very rare on iplayer, if it happens at all). I have read plenty that shows the TV tax is an optional payment - despite what the BBC says, but will admit this could be a grey area

If the BBC was not funded by the taxpayer, it would be a commerical organisation and nothing would change (apart from ads). Some of the best TV ever made has been done by commercial enterprises - HBO and C4 being prime examples. BBC would carry on being a quality outfit. Life would go on as normal

Easy peasy

As it stands now, UK taxpayers pay for stuff that the rest of the world gets for free. Only fair I say!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 8:22 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Technology is awesome, I'm another streamer and acquirer from various sources.

I can barely watch commercial TV straight apart from the sport, I refuse to FoxTel.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately 9 have the cricket........
... and 10 had the rugby and plastered it with commercials. Mind you the rugby wasn't worth watching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.