aussie music

Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:39 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie music

Originally Posted by squeezzii
There is some fantastic new music about in oz, a fair variation of stuff - well something for most of us I think, pete murray, eskimo joe, veronicas ( for my daughter but again, not bad) BUT they have some of the most god-awful music for the 70's- 80's!! Even the early INXS stuff is truly terrible.Bands with the most hilarious names,yes jimmy barnes I'm talking to you! but this morning I was unfortunate enough to see on Sunrise a snippet of whats in store for the poor b*****ds who have booked tickets for the 'Countdown' reunion tour (some 70's/80's sunday nite music showcase thing) Even my daughter who is 10 stopped in astonishment at how appalling it was, I think even koshie was just being kind to them when he applauded at the end. Did any of you guys see it?
love the record that the howling bells have just put out, really is class
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I've found that with 97.3 in Brisbane - very limited playlist. Any recommendations for a better one without loads of commercials and preferably DJs with a brain. Love Oz but have to say I miss Radio 2. God (or your deity of choice) bless online radio 2!!
Takes a wee bit of organising initially - but I now have all my favourite shows automatically MP3'd off the BBC radio website and zap 'em onto my Walkman in the morning.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found that with 97.3 in Brisbane - very limited playlist. Any recommendations for a better one without loads of commercials and preferably DJs with a brain. Love Oz but have to say I miss Radio 2. God (or your deity of choice) bless online radio 2!!

You could always go to the site and listen again, or listen live.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:18 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
You could always go to the site and listen again, or listen live.
I already do that - but quite interested in this 'downloading to ipod' thing. Wogan on the drive to work - tremendous!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:21 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Will agree that the playlists are VERY short and repetitive and that the standard of announcers is sometimes left wanting.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:50 am
Account Closed

I already do that - but quite interested in this 'downloading to ipod' thing. Wogan on the drive to work - tremendous!

Not the word I would have used, but whatever rings your bell! ...
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:51 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Not the word I would have used, but whatever rings your bell! ...
Ok - so I'm old a sad lol - but I like Radio 2
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Ok - so I'm old a sad lol - but I like Radio 2

I like it too, but used to listen to Johnny Walker. He left didn't he?
He was quality.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

He was quality.
Didn't he die....
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:26 am
Banned

He was quality.
I think he has single show now - just one per week - they gave that bloody ginger idiot Chris Evans Johnny Walkers drivetime show
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:27 am
Account Closed

I think he has single show now - just one per week - they gave that bloody ginger idiot Chris Evans Johnny Walkers drivetime show

Wow - Chris Evans really landed on his feet then?!?! He's not bad - a bit of fluff to end the night with.

Is JW still having probs with his cancer or is he clear now? I presume this is why he left?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:30 am
Banned

Wow - Chris Evans really landed on his feet then?!?! He's not bad - a bit of fluff to end the night with.

Is JW still having probs with his cancer or is he clear now? I presume this is why he left?
He was off for ages and Richard Allinson was doing his show - he came back recovered. Not sure why he left drivetime - I'd already moved over here by then.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:09 am
Account Closed

He was off for ages and Richard Allinson was doing his show - he came back recovered. Not sure why he left drivetime - I'd already moved over here by then.

I read up - he left to have more time to do other things. Prob when I get to 60 I won't want to be slogging my guts out 6 days a week either.