Aus vs UK Driving

Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus vs UK Driving

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I spent 18 years as an adult there
But that was before the regression therapy took hold
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:20 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

The most important one, where all the best teams play...apparently.
The championship!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:20 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
But that was before the regression therapy took hold
Yes

I should be 42, but I'm actually 24
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:22 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
The most important one, where all the best teams play...apparently.
The championship!!!
Oh yes...of course ...they tried very hard to get relegated so they could play in that Division
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:27 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

After 34 years in top flight football the club thought it was time to broaden their horizons and explore some more of the Uk. Everyone knows how enriching and fulfilling it is to travel.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:31 am
Australian Citizen

After 34 years in top flight football the club thought it was time to broaden their horizons and explore some more of the Uk. Everyone knows how enriching and fulfilling it is to travel.

Where are you ?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:32 am
locked in the attic

What, in the league, or me personally?!!?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:34 am
Australian Citizen

What, in the league, or me personally?!!?
LOL ...just wondering where you are...seeing as this is an Expats site
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:36 am
locked in the attic

Adelaide.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:38 am
Just Joined

nicopa is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne is fairly OK as people give and take and let each other in. They nip in and out no problem.
Adelaide is a nightmare as many drivers seem to be unaware of other drivers.
If you slow down to let them in or out they get brain freeze and don't know what to do.
I suppose it's because it's a small town really.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:40 am
Australian Citizen

Adelaide.
Of course you are ....duh
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:43 am
locked in the attic

Quick question to 'Weirdstone', is the name anything to do with the book, 'weirdstone of Brisingaman'?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:48 am
Australian Citizen

Quick question to 'Weirdstone', is the name anything to do with the book, 'weirdstone of Brisingaman'?
It certainly is !

It was and is one of my favourite books - had a battered copy for years that fell apart, and recently found a copy here in Melbourne....you read it?

I used to go up to Alderley Edge a lot

(if you want to reply directly to someone ....click the 'quote' button bottom right of the post you want to reply to.)
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:49 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, don't encourage her

Driving here in Darwin is pretty poor on the whole. But then it's not busy enough to cause any real problems on the whole. The worst road hazard (especially during the dry season) is Aborigines laying on the road at night to keep warm. There is a number of them ran over and killed every year. Then the government adds this to the road toll stats to be used as propoganda to lower the speed limit, bring in demerit points and a number of other 'initiatives'.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:04 am
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
It certainly is !

It was and is one of my favourite books - had a battered copy for years that fell apart, and recently found a copy here in Melbourne....you read it?

I used to go up to Alderley Edge a lot

(if you want to reply directly to someone ....click the 'quote' button bottom right of the post you want to reply to.)
Thanks for the advice, sorry about the delay, laptop went into hibernation and youngest daughter needed help showering because of her broken arm!

I've never read the book but spookily, my brother who is now 42, raved about the book when he was younger.

It was his favourite ever. Perhaps I would have read it if I hadn't been such a contrary Mary. Am a big book lover but anything he said I would do the opposite.
Typical sibling stuff I guess.

Think I might try and find it now though, out of curiosity...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.