Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Au Pair / After school clubs

Wikiposts

Au Pair / After school clubs

Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Au Pair / After school clubs

Hi guys,

I have 3 children aged 12 (nearly 13), 10 & 8.

It is looking quite likely that I will be coming over to Aus first as my husband still has work commitments in the UK and as I will be working may need someone to have the children for a few hours a day.

I was just wondering whether anyone has used either an au pair in similar circumstances or whether there are after school clubs that they could go to?

Or if you have any other solution that perhaps I haven't thought of.....

Thanks

Laura
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Au Pair / After school clubs

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi guys,

I have 3 children aged 12 (nearly 13), 10 & 8.

It is looking quite likely that I will be coming over to Aus first as my husband still has work commitments in the UK and as I will be working may need someone to have the children for a few hours a day.

I was just wondering whether anyone has used either an au pair in similar circumstances or whether there are after school clubs that they could go to?

Or if you have any other solution that perhaps I haven't thought of.....

Thanks

Laura
Most primary schools usually have an after school club, however the high schools don't seem to do them. So you'd be OK for your younger ones. Not sure about what you'd do with your older one though
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Most primary schools usually have an after school club, however the high schools don't seem to do them. So you'd be OK for your younger ones. Not sure about what you'd do with your older one though

Latch key kid????Tin opener and a can of beans??? Matilda seemed to manage okay....
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Latch key kid????Tin opener and a can of beans??? Matilda seemed to manage okay....

Bread and water
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bread and water
Just hope social services don't screen these pages too

Actually she is very grown up and sensible but I wouldn't feel happy leaving her on her own in a new country where she doesn't know anyone.

I will happily leave her home if I pop to the shops here but she knows all of our neighbours and we have friends who live local....

I will come up with a solution I am sure

L xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just hope social services don't screen these pages too

Actually she is very grown up and sensible but I wouldn't feel happy leaving her on her own in a new country where she doesn't know anyone.

I will happily leave her home if I pop to the shops here but she knows all of our neighbours and we have friends who live local....

I will come up with a solution I am sure

L xx
No, I would feel just the same.

Someone will have some more idea's I'm sure. It's too early for my brain to be working properly
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, I would feel just the same.

Someone will have some more idea's I'm sure. It's too early for my brain to be working properly
I have even considered asking my young cousin who is 24 and has no commitments to get a WHV and come over with me to help out.....

I need to consider all of my options though I guess.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been searching and have found a thread by Daunted about single parents which has some useful info for anyone else interested.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418010