Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2010 Ashes series?
Australia
23.68%
England
67.11%
Series Drawn (England retain the ashes)
9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:32 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

The news is currently full of the chappell and Beefy fight

Can't help thinking it's a set up to distract from losing
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:42 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As the rain pelted down at Adelaide Oval, the covers went on and Paul Collingwood's clothes came off........
Fine form!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Chappell's nothing but an outspoken loud mouth, all talk and no action.
So why is he not on BE
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
So why is he not on BE

From the Brisbane Times

Katich - Showed true grit, as you expect from a man with the superpower of being able to grow a beard between lunch and tea,
Clarke - Even if you don't walk, there's no need to get on Twitter and apologise. Yes, it was clearly out. Yes, we saw you were shattered. No, you don't need to make peace with public and the English via social media
Doherty - the experiment has come to a depressing end. At least he gets a nice green hat.
Bollinger - was like a battery powered Christmas toy on Boxing Day. Someone plug him in to recharge.

Cook - If England bat in Perth, a tactical air strike early on day one is the only thing I can think of to knock him over
Bell - A formidable foe who adds starch and class to England's batting roster, which is as deep as the Mariana Trench.
Swann - will be sending Bollinger a lovely card for creating those deeply accommodating footmarks.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:55 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

More gems here from the Oz media:

http://wisdencricketer.com/blogs/blo...of-conviction/

Richard Hinds plays a cruel game of conceit on his Sydney Morning Herald readers.
“I remain confident Australia can win the series … With eight or nine changes, some favourable umpiring, the aid of seasonal monsoons and the possibility the series will be cancelled altogether because it clashes with the Indian Premier League, Australia remains capable of retaining its place in the top dozen or so Test playing nations after April’s proposed tour of Bangladesh. You thought I was referring to the current series against England? Are you ‘avin’ a laugh?”
Hinds goes on to call the Australia team “some sort of gooey, soft-centred material that melts rapidly when heat is applied, is easily removed from flat surfaces, does not bounce or spin and which stinks to high heaven”. And he is appalled by England’s dominance in the stands.
“The Barmy Army [completed] the most chilling invasion of Australian soil since Japanese bombs rained down on Darwin. Listening to the endless choruses of Jerusalem and God Save Your Queen, you would have thought Adelaide was a small city in Shropshire, not the local home of mullets, serial killers and Christopher Pyne.”
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
More gems here from the Oz media:

http://wisdencricketer.com/blogs/blo...of-conviction/

Richard Hinds plays a cruel game of conceit on his Sydney Morning Herald readers.
“I remain confident Australia can win the series … With eight or nine changes, some favourable umpiring, the aid of seasonal monsoons and the possibility the series will be cancelled altogether because it clashes with the Indian Premier League, Australia remains capable of retaining its place in the top dozen or so Test playing nations after April’s proposed tour of Bangladesh. You thought I was referring to the current series against England? Are you ‘avin’ a laugh?”
Hinds goes on to call the Australia team “some sort of gooey, soft-centred material that melts rapidly when heat is applied, is easily removed from flat surfaces, does not bounce or spin and which stinks to high heaven”. And he is appalled by England’s dominance in the stands.
“The Barmy Army [completed] the most chilling invasion of Australian soil since Japanese bombs rained down on Darwin. Listening to the endless choruses of Jerusalem and God Save Your Queen, you would have thought Adelaide was a small city in Shropshire, not the local home of mullets, serial killers and Christopher Pyne.”
Priceless
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:09 pm
Home and Happy

Well, Sky news this morning is speculating on the return of my hero, King of Spin Shane Warne , reckoning that only he can save the Aussies from total humiliation.........

Views, anyone? (Apart of course from the fact that its time we had some good eye-candy back on the pitch )
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Sky news this morning is speculating on the return of my hero, King of Spin Shane Warne , reckoning that only he can save the Aussies from total humiliation.........

Views, anyone? (Apart of course from the fact that its time we had some good eye-candy back on the pitch )
He's fat and dyes his hair,are we sure he's not a pom
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:32 pm
Home and Happy

He's fat and dyes his hair,are we sure he's not a pom
He's cute and got lovely eyes though
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:02 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

You need help!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:14 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe they are this desperate. I hear he would want to be made captain if he played, but its probably just a rumor.
I dont think hes played a test in 4 years and not first class cricket in nearly 3 years. You can have all the skill and cricket intellect, but it has to be practiced, let him use the 3rd test to get back up to speed, and then, well it will not matter then will it, it will be 0-2 and ashes will be staying put.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:36 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by ponyrama
You need help!
A LOT of help
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:22 pm
Home and Happy

A LOT of help
And don't you know it
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Each to their own I guess

My daughter was reading one of my magazines and when she saw Shane Warne said who on earth is this weird looking guy that looks like he has had plastic surgery

I really don't see him coming back.

Jimmy Anderson is flying home for the birth of his 2nd child and back in time for the Perth test,hopefullySue.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by petensue
Each to their own I guess

My daughter was reading one of my magazines and when she saw Shane Warne said who on earth is this weird looking guy that looks like he has had plastic surgery

I really don't see him coming back.

Jimmy Anderson is flying home for the birth of his 2nd child and back in time for the Perth test,hopefullySue.
I can't help it, I've always had strange tastes! I remember gazing into his eyes at Hove Cricket Ground and thinking "Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... I'd love to see him bowl in tests again but can't see it actually happening. No-one will ever really replace him though.....Why no spinner can step into shoes of the master Shane Warne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.