Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2010 Ashes series?
Australia
23.68%
England
67.11%
Series Drawn (England retain the ashes)
9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Concerns around Broad. Talk that it is a torn abdominal muscle which will mean weeks of lay off, ie: no more Ashes for Stewie.

That's a real blow for us if that is correct! He not only keeps a tight end for Jimmy and Swann to strike but offers us a lot of batting depth.

I'd be loathed to bring in Bresnan for him, as Stewie is our frontline bowler, something Bresnan is not. I reckon, it would be Tremlett or Shazhad who would come in, but likely Tremlett
I don't think he will be missed much - he is not bowling that well. His 4 innings so far have been: 72/0 18/1 39/1 11/0, so only 2 wickets - not that great.

I actually think he is a bit overrated.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:35 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't think he will be missed much - he is not bowling that well. His 4 innings so far have been: 72/0 18/1 39/1 11/0, so only 2 wickets - not that great.

I actually think he is a bit overrated.
Yeah, but look at his economy! He has bowled tight in all innings so far, even when Haddin and Hussey were rampaging us in Brisbane he only went for 2.00 an over. His tight bowling from one end allows others at the other end to take the wickets. Finn didn't really bowl that well in that first innings in Brisbane, but took 6 wickets because of the drying up of runs Broad was imposing on the batsmen at the other end.

Think about it, when McGrath wasn't taking wickets, Warne was doing so at the other end and vice-versa.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:43 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit, I get back home on super sunny afternoon and it's dark and pissing down there. Bollox!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yeah, but look at his economy! He has bowled tight in all innings so far, even when Haddin and Hussey were rampaging us in Brisbane he only went for 2.00 an over. His tight bowling from one end allows others at the other end to take the wickets. Finn didn't really bowl that well in that first innings in Brisbane, but took 6 wickets because of the drying up of runs Broad was imposing on the batsmen at the other end.

Think about it, when McGrath wasn't taking wickets, Warne was doing so at the other end and vice-versa.
Fair enough. His economy has been good.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Shit, I get back home on super sunny afternoon and it's dark and pissing down there. Bollox!
Do the Japanese do repeats of the highlights?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:22 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do the Japanese do repeats of the highlights?
No but Willow tv online have the Sky UK feed now and they are showing highlights of play so far. I hear that in China they are showing The Ashes on FTA - wonder when they get serious about the sport what they will call 'A Chinaman' (left armer's wrist spin)
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:26 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
No but Willow tv online have the Sky UK feed now and they are showing highlights of play so far. I hear that in China they are showing The Ashes on FTA - wonder when they get serious about the sport what they will call 'A Chinaman' (left armer's wrist spin)
Covers off, game back on.......
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Adelaide for the test on saturday and sunday and what a fantastic cricket ground the Adelaide Oval is, must be the best cricket venue in Australia.

The Atmosphere was very laid back and even the fun police were very low key.
We had seats but spent a bit of time on the grass banks, but 37 degrees and sunny was pretty hard going, sunday was nicer with the cloud cover but what a shame the boys didn't get to let the brakes off after tea when the rain came.

I would also say that the parts of the ground that were not for members must have been more than 50% english, it was incredible.

Have tickets for my home test in Melbourne and maybe will go to Sydney if thats going to be the clincher.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:32 pm
Home and Happy

Wow, what an end to the day
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:33 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for reviews, hard to miss that one. Nice to have 4 down. Off to bed.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wow, what an end to the day
Aye, big wicket ... need the weather to hold now because the Aussie tail is longer than Skippy's.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:40 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Aye, big wicket ... need the weather to hold now because the Aussie tail is longer than Skippy's.
New ball due too. Hope they get more than a session tomorrow.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Went to Adelaide for the test on saturday and sunday and what a fantastic cricket ground the Adelaide Oval is, must be the best cricket venue in Australia.

The Atmosphere was very laid back and even the fun police were very low key.
We had seats but spent a bit of time on the grass banks, but 37 degrees and sunny was pretty hard going, sunday was nicer with the cloud cover but what a shame the boys didn't get to let the brakes off after tea when the rain came.

I would also say that the parts of the ground that were not for members must have been more than 50% english, it was incredible.

Have tickets for my home test in Melbourne and maybe will go to Sydney if thats going to be the clincher.
Sure looks nice there, better than the concrete hell-hole that is The Gabba!

Ashes retained by Christmas no wuzzas
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Very important that last wicket, very good chance now as long as the rain stays away.

What do you guys think of Kerry O'Keefe aka Skull, listened to the ABC coverage on the drive from Melbourne to Adelaide and back and he kind of grew on me, sometimes he is a complete idiot but i find him and Agger's together have a little act going, Agger's playing the stiff middle class english man to Kerry's aussie larakin.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by papilon
Very important that last wicket, very good chance now as long as the rain stays away.

What do you guys think of Kerry O'Keefe aka Skull, listened to the ABC coverage on the drive from Melbourne to Adelaide and back and he kind of grew on me, sometimes he is a complete idiot but i find him and Agger's together have a little act going, Agger's playing the stiff middle class english man to Kerry's aussie larakin.
Don't mind him in small doses actually, brings a bit of levity to the proceedings, his books are meant to be a good read too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.