ARGOS

Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:10 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default ARGOS

Well folks here is my dilemma, I bought a lovely light fitting from Argos when I was over in the UK, thinking I was doing myself a real big favour for getting something so smart and so cheap compared to Oz........however I have moved into a place that needs 2 of these fittings and Argos don't sell to overseas.......thought of lots of ways to do this, get one of my sisters to go into Argos and post me the light fitting, but I really have no idea of how to pay money back into their bank account without paying exorbitant bank fees, etc.......I JUST KNOW some smart person on here has the answer for me.

Barb
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:40 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARGOS

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well folks here is my dilemma, I bought a lovely light fitting from Argos when I was over in the UK, thinking I was doing myself a real big favour for getting something so smart and so cheap compared to Oz........however I have moved into a place that needs 2 of these fittings and Argos don't sell to overseas.......thought of lots of ways to do this, get one of my sisters to go into Argos and post me the light fitting, but I really have no idea of how to pay money back into their bank account without paying exorbitant bank fees, etc.......I JUST KNOW some smart person on here has the answer for me.

Barb
deleted: excellent advice from Notrthernbird below

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Aug 14th 2010 at 11:22 am. Reason: excellent info from NB below
Old Aug 14th 2010, 11:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya

Barb
I have bought stuff from the Argos website, paid using my ANZ credit card and had it delivered to a UK address. I have bought a few things like that. Then all your sister has to do is pay the postage for you.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 11:34 am
ABCDiamond

Other than the above, which is perfect in that scenario, if transferring money is a regular occurrence, you could use Paypal. I have been using it for the last year now, and find it very handy.
I have US$, UKĀ£ and A$ accounts, and can transfer between them, and transfer to any one else's account in any of those currencies.

Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:31 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have bought stuff from the Argos website, paid using my ANZ credit card and had it delivered to a UK address. I have bought a few things like that. Then all your sister has to do is pay the postage for you.
Wow I knew somebody on here would have a great answer, thanks so much Northernbird

ABC Diamond, yes I use PAYPAL too mainly on eBay but none of my family over there seem to use it, in some ways I find it a little more advanced in Australia.......hush my mouth, did I really say that??
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

the other way would be a Western Union Money Transfer
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hebe
the other way would be a Western Union Money Transfer
I think only Nigerian car buyers use WU