Wikiposts

Arctic Monkeys

Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:24 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I've certainly noticed that Aussies tend to be very much into their rock music. I'd be surprised if the Monkeys weren't big there.

One thing I will miss in Aus will be the music scene: I remember talking about Glastonbury and the other festivals to Aussies I worked with near Emerald. It seems that they just don't have anything on that scale there, though quite a few bands do visit Aus on tour, so check for who's playing in your neck of the woods.

Oh, and try and discover local bands, as I heard a few that I'd never heard of before arriving in Aus whom I thought were rather good!
Tony I've just done a search for an old thread of mine where I asked about festivals and that - seems like there's quite a lot going on

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=festivals
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:42 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Tony I've just done a search for an old thread of mine where I asked about festivals and that - seems like there's quite a lot going on

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=festivals
Cheers for that Clippies.

Alas, I'll be at the other end of the country (North East Qld) from Melb'n which is prob. the best place for venues in Aus, though I'll soon find out what the craic is with the local music scene when I get there I suppose.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Arctic Monkeys playing at Metro City in Perth on Sunday July 30:

http://www.bocsticketing.com.au/get_...sp?id=ARCTIC06

Sale commences tomorrow...... Get in quick, I'd say....!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Haven't been to Glasto myself, get the impression it's too big and too full of wierdos!
Graham
How dare you
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtletom
I cant find any aussies that like the Arctic Monkeys! They are still into the the spice girls over here!!

Tom
Who are you hanging around?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:04 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
How dare you
LOL
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:23 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
How dare you
How very very dare you
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:04 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

No Aussies that like Arctic Monkeys???!!! How is it possible? Fantastic band. Just got tickets to the Reading festival in August here in UK (I'm assuming I will still be in the UK at that point!). Lineup looks fantastic, including Arctic Monkeys.

Graham
I've just seen the line up for Reading, and I feel sick knowing that Pearl Jam are going to be in my home town and I wont be here

Might have to console myself with Arctic Monkeys in Sydney
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I've just seen the line up for Reading, and I feel sick knowing that Pearl Jam are going to be in my home town and I wont be here

Might have to console myself with Arctic Monkeys in Sydney
Tis a wicked line up for Reading.

I can imagine how you must feeling, I know when we get to Oz it's going to absolutely crush me every June when Glasto is on
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:10 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine how you must feeling, I know when we get to Oz it's going to absolutely crush me every June when Glasto is on
I've been a huge fan of Pearl Jam for 12 years, and have yet to see them live. To know I came so close is crushing. I dont want to go to Oz now
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by turtletom
Anyone here who likes the Arctic Monkeys? I have seen them live for a wicked price of 8 quid! They are playing up at Sydney in July i think. Anyone intrested in going?

Tom
top band , my brother lives across the road from one of them they used to play in high green workingmens club in sheff
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I've been a huge fan of Pearl Jam for 12 years, and have yet to see them live. To know I came so close is crushing. I dont want to go to Oz now
Well you have to take the rough with the smooth
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:59 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

True. It's one of the things the UK does better than any other country in the world (IMO). Good music... and good festivals...

Graham
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:01 am

True. It's one of the things the UK does better than any other country in the world (IMO). Good music... and good festivals...

Graham
Yep, I'll certainly drink to that
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got me tickets for Arctic Monkeys this morning (Bris, Saturday). See you there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.